DC Universe Online for Xbox One: Available Now (Desist Thy Stalling)

DC Universe Online is available for the XBOX ONE - as of right now.  Even better, all platforms share servers (no separate servers for each platform - PC and PS merged earlier this year, and XBOX ONE joins the existing servers).

Wanna open up that crate of wh00p-arse in your basement on Brainiac - with your XBOX ONE?  Desist thy stalling.

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com

It's good to see more MMOs going to the platform, they should just allow as many as they can get on it.

Did the PC version ever get upgraded from dx9?  I'm guessing no.

I might try the X1 ver in the future.  It's not exactly a priority given I played the game a long time ago.

• 1 month later...
On 4/30/2016 at 11:46 AM, LostCat said:

Did the PC version ever get upgraded from dx9?  I'm guessing no.

I might try the X1 ver in the future.  It's not exactly a priority given I played the game a long time ago.

Actually, it did (and before SOE became Daybreak) as part of the updates for PS4.  Where it struggles is due to the old (and I mean Seriously Old) version of Unreal Engine driving the game itself. Among MMORPGs, only World of Warcraft and Cryptic's Champions Online have older engines (yes - CO has not died yet; it's still around, albeit F2P like DCUO itself).

1 hour ago, PGHammer said:

Actually, it did (and before SOE became Daybreak) as part of the updates for PS4.  Where it struggles is due to the old (and I mean Seriously Old) version of Unreal Engine driving the game itself. Among MMORPGs, only World of Warcraft and Cryptic's Champions Online have older engines (yes - CO has not died yet; it's still around, albeit F2P like DCUO itself).

Last I checked (and I did check, multiple times) that was actually just a texture overhaul, not a DX11 renderer.

• 3 months later...
On 6/15/2016 at 0:38 PM, LostCat said:

Also still not listed here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_with_DirectX_11_support and not finding any relevant info on the net, so I assume it never happened.

This is due to the age of UE3 - it does not support DX11 or above except for limited features. Until ANNO 2205 came out, this was my most played game of any sort - and the GTX550Ti can actually firewall it - which is why I hadn't been pushed as far as GPU upgrades until recently.