So I have this HP DL585 here I just pick up and I can seem to get it up and running so here we go.

All the RAM, fans and Power supplies were reseated.

Power supplies kick on and run but really nothing else happens but the internal health light flashes red.  I don't even get to a BIOS or boot menu.

There is a green Flashing light on the back of the power supply but have not found any documentation yet that say if that is a good or bad thing.

It does look like it is trying to read my network because the Ethernet card has what a call the good blinky lights saying its at least attempt to send and receive as far as I know.

Kind of dead in the water any thoughts?

Oh yeah on a side note I have a couple full loaded sun v880's that I am not sure what to use for any creative ideas?  Besides the point I just like saying UltraSPARC

processor.

Which generation DL585 is this?

Start with re-seating components, if it's a G6/G7 certainly the CPU /memory drawer

• Like 1

This is the G5 I was kinda suprised when I got it because I wasn't paying attention I own a HP DL380 G5 also big difference lol.

From the back, the left PSU is the main (and should have a steady green led), the right is the redundant PSU (with the blinking green LED). If the main PSU is not showing a green LED try swapping them.

Also do reset the CPU/memory drawer and check if the led next to the PPMs are lit amber which would indicate a problem.

Then try a minimum to POST with one CPU and (I believe) two DIMMs only.

Also do a NVRAM clear, make the server (REMOVE the powercords) and set switch 6 on the System Maintenance Switch to ON. If that will not work try pulling the BIOS battery first, then do the reset.