Call of Duty: Recycled Warfare

Just saw this over on reddit, found it pretty funny, sharing:

hZJjvVz.jpg

Disclaimer: I enjoy Call of Duty (well, anything except AW and Ghosts).

• Like 3

NoVision :laugh:

I've not played CoD since MW2 and I've never looked back. Series needs to die, IMO. Luckily, it isn't dominating this generation like last (Y)

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I've not played CoD since MW2 and I've never looked back. Series needs to die, IMO. Luckily, it isn't dominating this generation like last (Y)

I barely played MW2, joined the series during the MW3 era. So far I have only liked MW3, Black Ops and Black Ops 2. Black Ops 3 is OK, but not really that enjoyable. AW... just no. Ghosts... it was OK to begin with, but quickly turned bad.

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Why does it have to die? People/kids like the games, that's why they sell. I loved Black Ops 2 and still play split screen with friends or with 9 recruit bots when I'm bored :p

COD is still my favorite MP game today. I probably spend the majority of the time on Ghosts though. I'm one of the few apparently who likes it(and the tens of thousands who are still playing it). I wouldn't mind if they dropped the campaign and slashed 10 bucks off the price though.

1 hour ago, onewarmslime said:

Why does it have to die? People/kids like the games, that's why they sell. I loved Black Ops 2 and still play split screen with friends or with 9 recruit bots when I'm bored :p

Long hiatus would have been better words, because the series is in dire need of re-inventing itself.

The sales peaked with MW3, and the bubble will eventually burst (which you could argue it has), now that we have new IP on 8th gen / MP options and gameplay experiences on the way (VR). I'm not sure that is the reason people buy it, especially on 360 / PS3 where I imagine a large number of the sales still come from. Those consoles don't see many new releases, especially for online play.

It's almost routine for kids to ask for CoD in November, where the first week sales are most important. followed by Black Friday weekend sales. This year is the first year there won't be 360 / PS3 releases for CoD, so it'll be interesting how it fairs. November is pretty wide open for releases, with Dishonored 2 being the only competition so far.