Increase system volume past max for Youtube?

Hi guys,

Sometimes when I listen to Youtube videos where the volume is too low even with my Laptop's volume all the way up.

Good videos the speakers will blow your ears off, but there are still those low volume ones that I can't hear.

Do any of you know of a way to increase the volume of these videos?

Thanks guys!

20 hours ago, FiB3R said:

I take it you are using a laptop?

You could try some of these... http://en.softonic.com/s/volume-increase-software

Or get some external speakers, which can massively increase the quality and volume.

i use a cheap Bluetooth speaker with our lenovo, thats if laptop has bluetooth ofc :) sound quality is very good full range unit.

I've got to say, my laptop speakers are pretty good, but when I hook the laptop to my Bose Speakers the quality is 100x better.

I think the problem that you would have with artificially augmenting the volume would be a large loss of quality. Do you maybe have an example video that you're having trouble listening to so that we can compare with our setups? Let us know what we should be listening out for as well.

It's also partially youtube's fault. They down grade all the quality to about 192kbps, which is low quality compared to 320kbps / flac.

You could get an external speaker, and then find an EQ Program to tweak it more.

If you cannot hear it on max volume from your speaker, then, even if you manage to change the settings, if is going to sound terrible.

either plug in better speaker, or just forget about those videos.    artificially enloudnened (is this even a word?) sound is a mess.

Glad you were able to get the volume turned up. But I had the same exact problem as you in the restroom on my toilet tablet, the  speakers sucked.

I picked a 808 Hex SL Portable Bluetooth Speaker at walmart for $45 ... and OH MY GOSH... the sound is NIGHT AND DAY! Even saying that isn't doing it justice!

41c6jcW6mAL._SY300_.jpg

So I guess if you are always traveling not so great, though it is pretty portable. But it really shines if your computer is always in 1 location.

• Jim K locked this topic