So Microsoft Edge has no way to save a webpage?

There's no file save, no Ctrl-S, no right click 'save as'. Unbelievable that such basic functionality should be omitted, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised !

What's even more amazing is the suggestion on the support forums that if I want to do this I should reopen the site in IE.

It's possible the OP wants to preserve links in which case none of these suggestions would suffice. Although, in a world of always-on-internet, it's hardly needed.

Edge is currently like a lot of Microsoft's new software. A little late, short of features, and in need of work. For the time being I'd just advise using another browser. When it comes to saving web pages, I still find IE and it's ability to save as single MHT files to be the best for the job.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Javik said:

Edge is currently like a lot of Microsoft's new software. A little late, short of features, and in need of work. For the time being I'd just advise using another browser. When it comes to saving web pages, I still find IE and it's ability to save as single MHT files to be the best for the job.

The last time I used IE was back when it was either IE 4.5 or IE 5.0. In Windows 7 I had it removed.

On May 20, 2016 at 8:34 PM, Defcon said:

There's no file save, no Ctrl-S, no right click 'save as'. Unbelievable that such basic functionality should be omitted, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised !

What's even more amazing is the suggestion on the support forums that if I want to do this I should reopen the site in IE.

Trying to scrape a site?

24 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

The last time I used IE was back when it was either IE 4.5 or IE 5.0. In Windows 7 I had it removed.

No you had it hidden. ;)

Save page was useful in the past. I imagine that, in their minds, they are continuing the feature with their highlighting and clipping and sharing things between devices, but this does not account for when you need something and wont be online for a while. That may not seem like a lot of time, but it can be.

But I would imagine that copy all and pasting into OneNote might save the page?

Do we have to go through this whole discussion / debate every single time somebody spots a feature that Edge doesn't yet have?  We need to keep in mind that this is a brand new browser developed for a brand new platform (UWP). It is not surprising, and it is quite frankly normal and par for the course that a new 1.0 product will not have feature parity with other more established products at launch.

To expect a new entrant to the market to be on par with the competition out of the gate is pretty unrealistic, development time would be years. It's therefore no surprise the developers of this app chose to prioritise some features over others for the launch, and then work on adding more based on demand and feedback.  I mean, come one... Do you really think File > Save As on web pages is used all that much? No, me either.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

Save page was useful in the past. I imagine that, in their minds, they are continuing the feature with their highlighting and clipping and sharing things between devices, but this does not account for when you need something and wont be online for a while. That may not seem like a lot of time, but it can be.

But I would imagine that copy all and pasting into OneNote might save the page?

Or instead of CTRL+S, you can just do CTRL+P and save the page to PDF instead. Doesn't that accomplish the same goal, just in a different file format?

Granted, some sites are too clever for their own good and present a different layout when printed which doesn't help. This very one for example.

Just now, Ryster said:

Or instead of CTRL+S, you can just do CTRL+P and save the page to PDF instead. Doesn't that accomplish the same goal, just in a different file format?

Indeed it does, though I am loathe to use PDF. The concept is the same, yea.

2 minutes ago, illegaloperation said:

Like what?

Chrome and Firefox, pick one, 100% better, hell even the new Opera or if really desperate Vivaldi 

To this day on any of my systems all IE/Edge are good for is installing Chrome 

7 minutes ago, Anibal P said:

Chrome and Firefox, pick one, 100% better, hell even the new Opera or if really desperate Vivaldi 

To this day on any of my systems all IE/Edge are good for is installing Chrome 

Chrome? lol

Chrome makes my laptop feels like an oven and the battery life is terrible. Opera is now just Chrome with a different skin.

Not sure about Firefox.

16 minutes ago, illegaloperation said:

Chrome? lol

Chrome makes my laptop feels like an oven and the battery life is terrible. Opera is now just Chrome with a different skin.

Not sure about Firefox.

Sounds like a personal problem. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, illegaloperation said:

Nope. I am hardly the only one to noticed.

Get a more efficient machine then. I can go 8 hours with Chrome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

Get a more efficient machine then. I can go 8 hours with Chrome. 

So you are telling me that I should get a new computer so that I can run an inefficient browser? No thanks.

I can chose a browser that (A) makes the computer runs hot (B) make the fan runs constantly (C) reduce battery life and (D) use up most of the memory

OR

I can use a browser that has none of those problems.

24 minutes ago, illegaloperation said:

So you are telling me that I should get a new computer so that I can run an inefficient browser? No thanks.

I can chose a browser that (A) makes the computer runs hot (B) make the fan runs constantly (C) reduce battery life and (D) use up most of the memory

OR

I can use a browser that has none of those problems.

I'm saying your heat problems are exposed by chrome, not caused by them.