I have 300$ birthday money to spend. What should i get?

I've been given 300 dollars in birthday money, but i am having trouble finding what i want.. All the trying to decide about whatever is just getting all clutterbuggy. That's why i am accepting suggestions.

4 minutes ago, benjamine6 said:

I've been given 300 dollars in birthday money, but i am having trouble finding what i want.. All the trying to decide about whatever is just getting all clutterbuggy. That's why i am accepting suggestions.

XBOX One

9 minutes ago, CrossCheck said:

save your money and get a new nvidia 1080

He should buy something he can actually use to do homework with (for example a Surface 3)

I don't know how we can get by without our Surfaces anymore,

19 minutes ago, illegaloperation said:

I don't know how we can get by without our Surfaces anymore,

By getting a MacBook instead, I'd never recommend anyone a Surface, even though I have one and I love it, they are buggy as hell.

• Like 2

Good heavens at these responses...besides the people who mentioned savings, the rest of you are delusional.

If you have a computer to type on, you're good to go. Put that money away, don't touch it and continue putting it away. When the time comes you'll thank yourself for doing so.

• Like 4

Just now, Zidane said:

Good heavens at these responses...besides the people who mentioned savings, the rest of you are delusional.

If you have a computer to type on, you're good to go. Put that money away, don't touch it and continue putting it away. When the time comes you'll thank yourself for doing so.

That because this site has gone downhill a long while ago.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zidane said:

This guy knows how to party!

You haven't been here that long though?! :p

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, offroadaaron said:

By getting a MacBook instead, I'd never recommend anyone a Surface, even though I have one and I love it, they are buggy as hell.

I disagree. We used them (our Surfaces) everyday.

Also a USED MacBook sells for ~$1000: well outside of the budget

13 minutes ago, max22 said:

Surface 3 sucked. I bought one new and returned it a week later because of all the problems.

Pretty sure many, if not most, of those issues have since been resolved by firmware updates.

Take the money, invest it in something that will make it grow..

• Like 1

one night stand or piggy bank.

if you are still in high school, by the time you go to college the fees is going to kill you. Better start saving now.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, illegaloperation said:

I disagree. We used them (our Surfaces) everyday.

Also a USED MacBook sells for ~$1000: well outside of the budget

Then I say put the money away and save up for something that actually works and has decent battery life... Last thing you want is something that's buggy and doesn't have all day battery life when you're studying.

Edited by offroadaaron
  • Like 1

Hookers and blow.

On second though... you can't get both for $300.  One or the other.

On third thought... you'd only get a couple hours with the hooker... but $300 worth of blow will last a few days (awake!)

On fourth though... ignore these suggestions completely. :D 

But seriously... what do you need?  Any PC parts?  Do you already have an SSD?  A good video card?  A nice big monitor or two?  How about camera stuff?  You can never have too many extra batteries or memory cards.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Michael Scrip said:

Hookers and blow.

On second though... you can't get both for $300.  One or the other.

On third thought... you'd only get a couple hours with the hooker... but $300 worth of blow will last a few days (awake!)

On fourth though... ignore these suggestions completely. :D 

But seriously... what do you need?  Any PC parts?  Do you already have an SSD?  A good video card?  A nice big monitor or two?  How about camera stuff?  You can never have too many extra batteries or memory cards.

Screw that, just go buy some crystal meth, be up for a month or two, and be done with it....oh, and strippers come naturally if you go the meth route, so that'd be free, a 50% discount! Can't beat that! ;) (ONLY joking, of course)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Buttus said:

if you don't know what you want, then you don't want anything.   save the money, you'll need it soon enough

That is great advice - not what the OP wants to hear - but great advice nonetheless.

OP -  You have $300, but dont know what you want - therefore you havent been drooling over something - or the thing you have been drooling over is more than your budget allows.

I would look at it like this:

If it is a rare occurrence for you to have this approximate range of money (couple hundred dollars) - then paydays are few and far between, and spending it on something you dont really really want - might be a little shortsighted.

However, if you are regularly getting/having this kind of money - then you have (2) options:  (1.) blow it something you want...anything you want - because you will get more soon.  Or (2.) Save it and when you get another payday - then you might have enough to get something you really want and wont have to ask a bunch of strangers to post random items because they dont know you.

What are your hobbies/passions ?
PC Gamer ?
Console ?
PC Enthusiast ?

Sports ?
Golf ?
Shoes ?

What are you in need of  ?
A decent computer ?
Hardware Upgrade ?
Clothes ?

Do you want to get into flying drones ?
Want a cool smartphone / gadget ?

Thing is - since we dont know you personally we are just throwing crap up against the wall and hoping something sticks. - Very inefficient 

While $300 may not get you the brass ring, it might get you something you need, or it might provide a foundation for something you really want in the future -  

I have been wanting to get new golf clubs, so if I were to get some extra money that didnt need to go somewhere - I would get a new set of clubs - I know that without asking someone...

Why not just save the money until theirs something you really want to buy?

You don't have to spend money just because you have it, learn to save it's an important life skill.

• Like 2