What processor to pick that wont bottleneck gtx 750 ti and later on 980ti?

Processor is intel only, right now my old cpu is really limiting gtx 750 ti. And need something good for gaming and it work fine with 750 ti and 980 ti.

How old is the CPU? if its terribly old, nothing can fix it. the issue woudl be the CPU as the bottleneck if my memory serves from other topics about this subject.

Just now, Gary7 said:

Are you saying you want to use both the 750Ti and the (80 ti as this will not work, i do not believe,

right. it sounds like he is looking at runing in SLI mode

I think he wants a CPU that will not cause bottle necks with his current GPU and later on changing that GPU to a 980ti. I really like the Haswell-E chips.  I have the 5930 and it hasn't let me down at all with two 980's

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, +Ichigo+ said:

I think he wants a CPU that will not cause bottle necks with his current GPU and later on changing that GPU to a 980ti. I really like the Haswell-E chips.  I have the 5930 and it hasn't let me down at all with two 980's

I might even go so far as to upgrade to a skylake CPU and throw a couple 1080's in there.. that'll set him up for a VERY long time.

1 hour ago, chrisj1968 said:

How old is the CPU? if its terribly old, nothing can fix it. the issue woudl be the CPU as the bottleneck if my memory serves from other topics about this subject.

Its i3-2120

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

Are you saying you want to use both the 750Ti and the 980 ti as this will not work, i do not believe,

No, for now gtx 750ti and later change to gtx 980ti

What motherboard /socket have you got?.. If you want something like the latest gen intel it'll more than likely come down to that limitation first

4 minutes ago, Sensi said:

What motherboard /socket have you got?.. If you want something like the latest gen intel it'll more than likely come down to that limitation first

Socket 1155, old, will change to something that fit with processor i will get.

6 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

if you want to keep the motherboard, i'd suggest a CPU like this --> Core i5-3550

No, i will change it as i can't do normal cable management, all connectors in bad places, just office mobo. Any suggestions for processor that work good with 750 ti and later with 980ti? And atx mobo for it?

well then your original post kind of needs to change then. if you go w/ something modern, then you're not only looking at a new CPU, but also the motherboard and DDR4 RAM.

3 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

well then your original post kind of needs to change then. if you go w/ something modern, then you're not only looking at a new CPU, but also the motherboard and DDR4 RAM.

So there is no cpu's that can give good work with 980ti's and work on ddr3 mobo?

i5 6600K or i7 6700K coupled with any z170 motherboard and 16 gb of DDR4 will work fine. The choice  between i5 and i7 depends if you are ready to put 100$ more in to the CPU with minimal increase in performance in games (currenctly). This will probably change in the future if/as the games are optimized for more threads.

Edit. Price >500$

19 minutes ago, killer0pro said:

No, i will change it as i can't do normal cable management, all connectors in bad places, just office mobo. Any suggestions for processor that work good with 750 ti and later with 980ti? And atx mobo for it?

What is your budget?  Budgets determines everything.  

Also, I wouldn't get the 980ti.  The 1080 is faster for about the same cost.  The 1070, though not released, may also be just as fast (as the 980ti) for much cheaper.

5 minutes ago, killer0pro said:

So there is no cpu's that can give good work with 980ti's and work on ddr3 mobo?

of course there is. i just figured you'd want something more modern. im still using my 4770k and DDR3 from almost 4yrs ago; there's zero bottlenecking.

if you want to stick w/ DDR3 then i'd look into the intel 5000 series CPUs, quad-core of course.

25 minutes ago, killer0pro said:

Any i5 (or i5-K) that fits the socket (or even i3 if cost is an issue) of the Ivy Bridge sort.  While Sandy Bridge is also an option, Ivy Bridge is more likely to be still around/available.

No - LGA1151 (Skylake) or even LGA1150 (Haswell) aren't options - neither will fit the motherboard. 

5 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

What is your budget?  Budgets determines everything.  

Also, I wouldn't get the 980ti.  The 1080 is faster for about the same cost.  The 1070, though not released, may also be just as fast (as the 980ti) for much cheaper.

300 buks -+ if there is better for few more dollars

1 hour ago, killer0pro said:

300 buks -+ if there is better for few more dollars

Could get something like the i5- 4460 and an ASrock H97 Anniversary (if you're not going SLI) or an ASRock Z97 Extreme4 or Extreme6 (if you are going to do SLI).  You do not really need the Z chipset...but they are the only "cheap" ones that don't come with bloody old school PCI slots.  The DDR3 memory you have should work fine.  The CPU and mobo should be at or under 300.  You will not have the latest and greatest ... but you will also not be bottlenecked so much.

Of course....I would just wait for a 1080/1070 ... and see if your current setup truly is limiting enjoyable gameplay before buying a new mobo/CPU...I think you'd be surprised. :)

12 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

Could get something like the i5- 4460 and an ASrock H97 Anniversary (if you're not going SLI) or an ASRock Z97 Extreme4 or Extreme6 (if you are going to do SLI).  You do not really need the Z chipset...but they are the only "cheap" ones that don't come with bloody old school PCI slots.  The DDR3 memory you have should work fine.  The CPU and mobo should be at or under 300.  You will not have the latest and greatest ... but you will also not be bottlenecked so much.

Of course....I would just wait for a 1080/1070 ... and see if your current setup truly is limiting enjoyable gameplay before buying a new mobo/CPU...I think you'd be surprised. :)

Wont go for sli and i think will give 100 more buks for mobo.