Woman shows video of herself buying cocaine to deputies

If you just bought cocaine and recorded the drug deal on your own dashcam video, it might not be a good idea to show the footage to the sheriff’s deputy who pulled you over.

But that’s just what Kathleen Laroche, 27, did May 12 in Fort Pierce, according to arrest affidavits.

The case began as St. Lucie County sheriff’s investigators traveled south on South 25th Street at Edwards Road and a Ford Focus sped past them.

They stopped the vehicle, which Laroche was driving. Laroche apologized for weaving and speeding, and said she didn’t have a license because it was suspended.

Laroche was arrested on a driving on a suspended license charge.

One of the investigators noticed a dashcam type camera that was recording, and asked about the video quality. He asked if he could see the video, and Laroche said he could.

“(The detective) saw that the video captured Laroche purchasing cocaine just prior to the traffic stop,” an affidavit states.

Noting the accused drug seller, the detective went back to the spot and spoke to the seller, identified as 43-year-old William Hills.

The investigator told Hills he’d just seen him sell Laroche cocaine on video. Hills fessed up to selling $30 worth of the drug.

Laroche told investigators the cocaine was in her brassiere. A spoon with blood and drug residue on it was in her purse.

Laroche, of Port St. Lucie, also was arrested on charges of cocaine possession, cocaine purchasing and possession of drug equipment.

Hills, of Fort Pierce, was arrested on a cocaine selling charge.

http://offthebeat.blogs.tcpalm.com/2016/05/24/2044/

Guess I should be thrown in jail too for possessing drug equipment. I have needles for insulin shots. Which can go deep enough to hit a vein. =/ Though, this gave me a good chuckle, haha.

23 minutes ago, Jason S. said:

saw this and immediate knew it was somewhere in Florida... :laugh:

Exactly - as soon as I saw St Lucie - I had a smile from ear to ear... "knew it !"