iMac 27" 5K Retina Late 2014 - How much could I ask for it?

Hey all,

I just inherited an iMac 27" 5K Retina Late 2014 model, I'm finding it hard to make good use for it at the moment, it's basically a glorified web browsing machine.

How much do you think I can realistically ask for this? It comes with the Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse and an original (2014) Trackpad. It also still has Apple Care that I guess lasts until around late 2017.

It's in immaculate condition.

Specs are:

ScreenShot2016-05-26at19.12.18.png

ScreenShot2016-05-26at19.12.45.png

Cheers for the reply. I found one on the Apple Refurbished site listed for £1,569, the only difference is that it has the 1TB Fusion drive rather than the 256GB SSD.

I'm not sure which is most desirable, personally I prefer the speed of the SSD and would use an external HDD for backup.

Any ideas on the cost of shipping something like this?

Yes the small storage size and only 8 GB DDR3 RAM are the drawbacks. However, SSDs are more disirable, you still have active Apple Care and including the accessories which are positives. Apple hardware holds its prices quite nicely. It would be best to sell it privately to get a higher return, rather than chance it to a low-ball ebay snipe.

As for postage, you'll want to make sure it is tracked / insured, so anywehre between £30 / £50 considering the weight.