The new Nvida GTX 1080

So according to every thing that I read, the new Nvidia GTX 1080 cards are supposed to be released today, but no one seems to be selling them, Newegg doesn't show them at all, and Amazon shows them listed for over $1100 which obviously is not correct. Does anyone have any insight into what might be happening with the cards? Is there a reason why there not released yet?

I find it hard to believe that they are all sold out already. Is it possible that Nvida has not released the card yet?

Lack of supply is the issue; this has been typical whenever a new GPU family is introduced; this was, in fact, true of every iteration of Maxwell at launch, and was equally true of Kepler and Fermi (which preceded Maxwell) - why did we expect otherwise?

EVGA has their custom cards ready for pre-order on Amazon, just ordered the FTW Gaming ACX 3.0, $20 cheaper then Founders garbage, info on specs here - http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6286-KR

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01GE9RFNK/?ie=UTF8&condition=all&tag=nisa-20&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01GAI6478/?ie=UTF8&condition=all&tag=nisa-20&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01GAI64GO/?ie=UTF8&condition=all&tag=nisa-20&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Cool, I'm really holding out for the Asus version, because I like that company! Is there any point to the founders edition?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Cool, I'm really holding out for the Asus version, because I like that company! Is there any point to the founders edition?

Nope

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, have a pre-order at Amazon for the EVGA FTW 1080 @ $679.99. Decided to ask their customer service if they had an estimated ship date. About an hour later I get back an email saying they currently do not, however for my trouble they would like to offer me 20% of the order. I of course accept and they make the adjustment. Price on order is now $544.00.

Might be worth repeating for anyone who has a pending order at amazon

• Like 2

Nice find, however I'm still holding out for the Asus Strix GTX 1080, currently only seeing it on newegg, and of course out of stock, so I'm waiting.

Every single negative rating I read had to do with the price of the Founder's Edition (people complaining that it didnt provide any performance delta over other versions)

I think people should have to pass an IQ test before posting reviews.

Capture.JPG

How do I make the pics I attach full size ? where people dont have to click on it to see ?

6 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

Every single negative rating I read had to do with the price of the Founder's Edition (people complaining that it didnt provide any performance delta over other versions)

I think people should have to pass an IQ test before posting reviews.

Capture.JPG

How do I make the pics I attach full size ? where people dont have to click on it to see ?

You can use stuff like imgur. Copy the picture link and paste...

I'm pretty sure that these consumers that are giving negative ratings don't understand the concept of supply and demand when it comes to newly released products..............

59 minutes ago, Vvo said:

I'm pretty sure that these consumers that are giving negative ratings don't understand the concept of supply and demand when it comes to newly released products..............

That and it was made very clear that the Founder's Edition was simply a "hot off the press" they never said it would be better.  It was for early adopters - gamers and enthusiasts will pay crazy prices to get it as soon as it comes out.

The fact they thought it would be better than the normal production ones is just their own idiocy, they shouldnt blame the card.

I have seen many times where the bulk of the people giving reviews have no business doing such.  (you see this in AV software, and monitors especially)

END OF RANT

• 2 weeks later...

Think I might finally take the plunge & upgrade my AMD Radeon R9 270 :woot:

Think its worth waiting 6-9 months for the Ti or just go for one of the OC cards now from the likes of MSi ??

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got a 1080 ordered, it will be in tomorrow, even though it has been sitting in Jacksonville since Thursday, since FedEx promised to deliver the card Monday, they are not going to deliver it until Monday!

I ordered the Asus Strix 1080, it is the better one for overall performance.

5 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I ordered the Asus Strix 1080, it is the better one for overall performance.

I read somewhere that the 1060 is faster than the 1080

3 minutes ago, xendrome said:

lol wut?

I read that EVGA was worried that their 1060 was faster than their 1080 in some tech newsletter I get.