Anyone here an expert on secretly recording devices?

I will still be part of the conversation. Which is legal. I'm not going to be eavesdropping on conversations which is illegal. 

I have tried to my Android smart phone but it doesn't work that well. 

Just something I can fit in my pocket and will record good quality sound. 

Thanks in advance. 

Take a read here

....and if you're comfortable ... just buy a small recorder with mic.  Really isn't that difficult.

11 minutes ago, Dinggus said:

Don't people need to told they are being recorded?

It depends on where you are.

I don't think you'll get good recording quality if you insist on having the microphone in your pocket.

Check with an attorney in your state as the laws differ by state and if it is in a public or private place.  The worst that could happen is you accidentally violate federal wiretapping laws and spend time in prison and owe large fines.  So it is better to check with someone that is legally allowed to give you legal advice that you could also go to if you run into legal trouble.

On 5/28/2016 at 5:16 PM, ITOps said:

Check with an attorney in your state as the laws differ by state and if it is in a public or private place.  The worst that could happen is you accidentally violate federal wiretapping laws and spend time in prison and owe large fines.  So it is better to check with someone that is legally allowed to give you legal advice that you could also go to if you run into legal trouble.

I already have. I live in a one party consent state. Meaning I don't need the other party permission to record the conversation. I also don't need to tell them. I love being in a one party consent state by the way lol. If you are not a part of the conversation and you record it. Then my friend you will be in trouble. 

I did find some good devices to record the conversation too.