Automatic redirect ads...

I keep getting advert popups on my iPhone for absolute junk, mostly from these http://mtz.adsrocket.net saying I've won a 6S or something similar. It's only happening on the forums on here. I understand the website needs ad revenue to operate but this advert pops up and doesn't give an option to cancel it. You can only select ok which then takes you to a long string of its pages so you can't get back to neowin without killing the tab and starting again, usually it happens again and again. This is in chrome and safari. 

Hey anthdci,

Would be good if you could take a screenshot of the pop-up and share it here.

Then @Steven P. can look into it for you.

Worth reading over this: 

• 2 weeks later...

ok thanks.

I am still getting the occasional one that looks like these. I have to go back enough times to leave the thread I was reading but going back in generally works.

2016-06-01 07.38.58.png

2016-06-01 07.38.54.png

2016-06-01 07.38.40.png

1 hour ago, anthdci said:

ok thanks.

I am still getting the occasional one that looks like these. I have to go back enough times to leave the thread I was reading but going back in generally works.

I will report this, mobile was enabled again for a specific campaign, but I did ask them to block other ads.

Wow.  I was about to hit the report post link for spam (sarcasm).  I mean, holy ######. 

It's not an advert when they are just lying to you.  Nah, I'm sure virgin media has a club that they call the "Virgin Club".

Just thought that I would ask and let you know if this is legit advertising on neowin.net.:)

I was just using my iPad and this website came up as I logged into neowin.net. It's been a while since I logged into neowin.net because I have been too busy with work and there isn't enough hours in the day. but as today is my day off for the first time in I don't know how long but. I just logged into neowin.net and automatically after logging into my account I was presented with advertising. Please see attached image although removing the IP Address was pointless because this is the IP Address of the Head-End in Cardiff. But, nevertheless; why did this come up directly after signing in is the burning question. I appreciate advertising helps pay the bills but I could not go back to the login page because it wouldn't let me. I had to open another tab and then log back in again. There was no way I was going to click on any of the tabs because, for some reason I didn't think that it was legit. Well after a little bit of digging I have found out that the probability of 57% is on a server in England. 38% USA and 5% Netherlands? If this is part of neowin.net advertising then that is fine. I just wanted to make sure that this was part of your advertising for your website. If it isn't then this is something different altogether.

Title: 403 Forbidden

Organisation: PROTECTSERVICE, LTD.
Owner: WhoisProtectService.net
Owner Address:
Owner City: London
Owner Postcode:
Phone Number:
Phone Type: generic:
Email:  

Owner Country : United Kingdom 
Website Location  : United Kingdom 

http://virginmedia.com-premium-club.com/ Page goes to a Forbidden Page

IMG_0127.PNG

Edited by SYBINX

I'm sorry to say this, but the way the ads function on Neowin mobile version is atrocious.

I've recently moved house, and so am without proper internet for a week, so I turned to Chrome on my iPhone.

I tried reading one thread and commenting on it 3 times. Each time I tried, I was met with:

1. A message saying I was an O2 user and I'd won a free voucher, all I needed to do was download an App.
  2. The same message saying I'd won a free Marks & Spencer Voucher, which tried to take me to an App. 
  3. Literally no warning, then the App Store opened on my iPhone and I was asked to download Deezer.

I'm really disappointed as the experience is absolutely ruined with these disgusting and intrusive ads. I get that we need to advertise in order to keep the site going, and I wish every user would just subscribe or donate the once, then this would all be done with, but I couldn't even read/comment which is the whole point in coming here.

On 5 June 2016 at 10:45 AM, Steven P. said:

The report is in and pending, thanks for bearing with us!

Any update? the site on mobile is almost unusable, every time i click on something it redirects me off to some site.

Another thread has been created by another member with the same problem: 

Thanks Steven for that, sorry I posted another Topic yesterday I just got fed up. Nice to know it's in hand

I know, I have emailed support about this, and I hope to have it resolved today. It seems the only way forward is to disable ads on Mobile again. I can't do it myself because one tag controls what type of ad is displayed, for desktop and/or mobile.

I am chasing it up and apologize for this, because it's seriously not intentional, not allowed and I feel like I have given many chances for them to work it out.

It has to do with the 'filler ads' that are used from Google, who for whatever reason, cannot filter their ads properly to ensure code for redirects are blocked.

I just replied to that thread too, mobile was disabled, but I gave the green light to enable for a specific targeted campaign (inline ad), I did mention at the time that they should leave Google/AdX disabled, but I think they must have enabled it again.

What in the world is going on behind the scenes here guys.  First it was video ads,  now we've got ads that direct you to spam without doing anything. 

I will literally click on a sub forum and once I go to that tab on my mobile device,  this crap happens. 

(I'm lucky I could even create this post) 

That's only one ad.  There are a few more but I'm not going to subject myself to screenshotting all of them. 

I like browsing Neowin. I hate being disrupted every time I try to read the forums. 

This has to stop. Why can't we just have regular old static banner ads that are nice and out of the way? 

Screenshot_20160614-172615.png

It wasn't bad before,  now it's getting damn ridiculous.  Can't even load the forums without redirecting. 

You can't go back a page because it just reloads the ad. 

Here's another example. 

I don't know if this site will be a regular visit anymore until this gets sorted 

Screenshot_20160614-195543.png

Can you post the thread or forum URL where you were redirected?  I have browsed many of the forums and threads here and was not redirected.  Are you sure you don't have malware on your phone?  That domain looks like a phishing/malware site since it tries to trick people into believing they are on a legitimate google or are receiving a valid request from facebook site.