Could this be the most beautiful picture on the internet ?

A GT500 spins out, hits a Tundra and ends up against another trailer park Ferrari.

Maybe there is a god.

No, wait - forget I said that - if there was a god, it would end with the driver engulfed in flames.

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

Hope there wasn't a passenger in the GT500. :( Looks like a brutal hit. Anyway...Hope everyone was able to walk away.

48 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

A GT500 spins out, hits a Tundra and ends up against another trailer park Ferrari.

Maybe there is a god.

No, wait - forget I said that - if there was a god, it would end with the driver engulfed in flames.

Capture.JPG

He hits a Ram 1500 Not a Tundra

That's what you get with a solid rear axle and a idiot driver.

Edited by alpha2beta

5 minutes ago, TAZMINATOR said:

There is no Ferrari..

Both red cars are Mustang.  One is GT500 and other is Mustang convertible.

Yes. The truck is Dodge Ram. Not a Tundra.

He's saying "trailer park Ferrari", I took that to mean another Mustang.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Torolol said:

its my major complain about modern cars, in pursuit of more aerodynamics the frame get more and more weak.

huh?  Cars are by far safer now than they ever were.  You don't want "rigid" frames ... because you take all of the impact.

9 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

huh?  Cars are by far safer now than they ever were.  You don't want "rigid" frames ... because you take all of the impact.

i think you're confusing frames with airbags

My apologies for mistaking the Ram for a Tundra.

The sheer joy I had after seeing a Mustang get destroyed overtook me - all else was a blur.

If it was a Dodge Ram - well - even better as I believe that to be the Trailer Park G-Wagon.

1 hour ago, br0adband said:

To answer the actual question posed before the rambling:

"No." ;)

No rambling.  It was a lucid post, just mistook a Dodge Ram for a Tundra - we dont have many trucks here in Texas :shifty:

5 hours ago, Torolol said:

No. Airbags only do so much. Crumple frames are far more important than airbags in a hard crash. old rigid frames may have left little damage to the cars after a hard crash, but even with an airbag, they left dead and mangled passengers as all the g-forces of the crash was transferred straight to the soft human bodies and the organs inside them. 

8 hours ago, Torolol said:

No, I mean structurally.  As Hawkman pointed out ... you don't want a stiff frame ... you want the car to crumple around you .... stopping at the passenger compartment.  This can be seen with this little video....

old_vs_new_crash_test_video_3.jpgold_vs_new_crash_test_video_4.jpg

...and you can rest assure knowing that just about any "modern" vehicle will yield the same result.  Basically both old and modern cars will go to the junkyard but typically only the driver of the older vehicle will head to the morgue.  

Damn, the Mustang has been getting so much hate on the internet recently...wish people would be more careful and not show off. Anyways, today marks the one year anniversary of my '15 GT. It's been a nice car so far. :)

9 hours ago, Torolol said:

its my major complain about modern cars, in pursuit of more aerodynamics the frame get more and more weak.

Cars today do not have frames JJk is correct.

On 6/25/2016 at 9:29 AM, tsupersonic said:

Damn, the Mustang has been getting so much hate on the internet recently...wish people would be more careful and not show off. Anyways, today marks the one year anniversary of my '15 GT. It's been a nice car so far. :)

there is lots of hate for mustangs and camaros...pony car wars...people who worship one vs the other spews hate towards the opposite.  Texas just has an issue with mustangs for some reason, perhaps he is a closet camaro fan or he wishes he could get a mustang and have a dd so the mustang could be his drag/project car......

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sc302 said:

there is lots of hate for mustangs and camaros...pony car wars...people who worship one vs the other spews hate towards the opposite.  Texas just has an issue with mustangs for some reason, perhaps he is a closet camaro fan or he wishes he could get a mustang and have a dd so the mustang could be his drag/project car......

He just wishes his G37 was as fast as one ;)

Or perhaps torque envy?

From what I understand of @TEXAS - he can afford whichever he chooses.  So I'd write it off as taste over envy ;)

I'm classless, I'm crass, I love what look like American muscle cars but are really road-cars with aggressive body kits ;)

4 minutes ago, Nik L said:

From what I understand of @TEXAS - he can afford whichever he chooses.  So I'd write it off as taste over envy ;)

I'm classless, I'm crass, I love what look like American muscle cars but are really road-cars with aggressive body kits ;)

I would say everyone can afford the car they choose (or it gets taken away). That's why they choose it ;)

On June 24, 2016 at 7:58 PM, alpha2beta said:

He hits a Ram 1500 Not a Tundra

That's what you get with a solid rear axle and a idiot driver.

More to do with torque and idiot driver than the axle on this case. Some of these drivers panic when the rear end breaks lose and starts to slide one direction or another and over compensate or compensate incorrectly. I pulled out on to an empty road yesterday and made sure I was going straight even. Floored it from a low speed and the rear end fish tailed a bit despite traction control being on. I have IRS. 

I didn't wreck or even come close to it but the axle wasn't the issue.