Buying new Keyboard / Mouse Combo

I'm moving house shortly and after the shambles with a 2nd Logitech keyboard I've had, I've decided to just get a new set all together as Logitech are digging their heels in and not offering a replacement.

I'd previously been using Microsoft sets before moving to Logitech and had a good few years with them.  In fact, the Wireless Natural 7000 mouse was one of the best I used.  It's a shame it's out of production and hence over £100 for one now.  I am looking at the following:

Microsoft 900 Wireless Desktop
A nice looking keyboard, but would want a different mouse.

Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Mouse
As it's a mobile mouse, the size might be a little small for me.

Microsoft Mobile Mouse 3000 v2
Same as above, might end up being too small for a main mouse.

The only problem that bothers me is that I will probably need two USB receivers.  The MS Arc Keyboard and Mouse need one each (I use those on another PC).

Anyone had any experience of the above or any other brands that are pretty good?

My budget isn't huge but maybe up to about £80 for both, maybe a little more.

Currently using a basic MS keyboard and Logitech M705.

I've used a lot of Logitech wireless mice over the years. M315, M305, M317, M185. I bought a lot of them on sale at Target. It's great for my small hands. :) 

Oh, forgot to mention, I have also 3x K250s. Also wireless.

I only ever have to change batteries in keyboard every 6 months. And that's from heavy use. Uses 2x AAA

And for mice, once every month or so. Uses 1x AA.

I recently bought a Ducky One keyboard and absolutely love it. I've had so many keyboard over the years, both mechanical and toys, and this one is my favourite of the lot. It's just a little over your budget, but if you can spare the cash, it's worth it. It'll last you years and you'll enjoy typing.

I'm surprised your Logitech has had problems but any brand can have them. I love Logitech products and they usually last me for several years. For my Lenovo laptop I am using a M185 mouse from Logitech and it is absolutely awesome! I got this mouse for under $9.00 USD at office depot.

I bought two more. It is small enough and fits comfortable in my hands. Battery last quite awhile and just works smooth. I highly recommend it. I never buy very expensive keyboards and mice for my needs the basics just do fine but I can understand for gaming or specialized applications that would be a different story.

Since I dont like my keyboards very big I get for myself and customers Logitech or Microsoft equipment but lately I have purchased several of this model from Logitech.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech-mk270-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-black/1440638.p?id=1219051879956&skuId=1440638

I love that type of keyboard. I get more productivity out of it. My customers love it also because of the space it saves on a desk. The mouse shape could be a bit better but works well. i wish they offered the keyboard with my M185 and it would be absolutely perfect for me

• Like 1