YouTube Channel Question

I own a YouTube channel called WeatherStudios, but for some unknown reason, you usually could just type in youtube.com/CHANNEL NAME GOES HERE and it'd take you to the channel. But however, there's a problem with mine.

My channel tag appears to be UC6xbpTg3x1sFd_lnPEsMgyQ or whatever this is. And when trying youtube.com/weatherstudios, it says it doesn't exist. How do i fix this?

According to the requirements, you don't meet them.

If I may, the gaming footage that is uploaded is lacking a commentary. I don't know why the person playing is doing what they are doing. None of the videos appear to do that, in fact. Why should I be watching a lightning strike unless I had previous information?

As a stranger, I need a reason to want to subscribe. Can you give me one? You go from gaming to amateur footage, to still images with music behind it. I don't see a reason to subscribe for future updates.

I'm not trying to be harsh, just objective. The channels that get the subscribers have a format, and they have context for anyone seeing an individual video for the first time. You need to look at that before focusing on a quick URL that someone can enter. (Y)

As far as the gaming footage goes, I will be looking tommorow on eBay when i get my last bucks of birthday money to see if i can get a working, but not too expensive turtle beach headset. Then i will be able to do some commentary with that. My channel is only still starting up. I got plenty of ideas, like a machinima, but i just need the stuff to make them happen. Stuff that i can't really afford at this time.

That's great! You've got an objective, stick to it! But you cannot fulfill the initial goal without subscribers, and so you're going to have to deal with an arbitrary URL for the time being.

I say "the initial goal." The initial goal is to get the hardware/software to create content. After that, look for how you can increase your subscriptions. From there, you will find your answer for the URL. ;)(Y)

Let us know how it goes. If it's worth watching, I'd be happy to give it a go. (Y)