Microsoft Updated the Windows 10 setup screens.

Windows 10 isn't the only one who feels that way. I've felt that exact pain going through an operating system install for some people.

Rather odd - my notebook (at least the oldest of the two, if not both of them) could qualify for both  of your examples (it dates back to Vista, and lacks an SSD).

1 minute ago, JHBrown said:

Windows 10 isn't the only one who feels that way. I've felt that exact pain going through an operating system install for some people.

Oh my god, hell has frozen over

14 hours ago, JHBrown said:

Last night I was doing a clean install of Windows 10 on a customers laptop. At the time of install I didn't know the speed of the CPU, but everything was taking FOREVER, so I knew it had to be a peice of crap. So once it dropped me at the desktop, I looked up the CPU and ....

Amd e1-6010

The computer had Windows 8.1 and he was complaining how slow his computer was. So today, i'm going to have to break it to them that their computer is a piece of crap.

the E1-6010 vs an i3 CPU which comes in a $299.00 Walmart computer

28263321365_7645f58cdb_o.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2016 at 9:24 AM, warwagon said:

Last night I was doing a clean install of Windows 10 on a customers laptop. At the time of install I didn't know the speed of the CPU, but everything was taking FOREVER, so I knew it had to be a peice of crap. So once it dropped me at the desktop, I looked up the CPU and ....

Amd e1-6010

The computer had Windows 8.1 and he was complaining how slow his computer was. So today, i'm going to have to break it to them that their computer is a piece of crap.

the E1-6010 vs an i3 CPU which comes in a $299.00 Walmart computer

28263321365_7645f58cdb_o.png

The E1 is - quite literally - the bottom rung of AMD's Fusion APUs; a Celeron DC E1200 will outmuscle it.  (To put that in perspective, that LGA775 CPU was the next-to-bottom rung of the Celeron DCs of that era; I know because I have one - even more embarrassing, an AMD first-gen mobile Turion - which dates back to Windows XP - will largely keep up with it, if not beat it in some applications.)

13 hours ago, PGHammer said:

The E1 is - quite literally - the bottom rung of AMD's Fusion APUs; a Celeron DC E1200 will outmuscle it.  (To put that in perspective, that LGA775 CPU was the next-to-bottom rung of the Celeron DCs of that era; I know because I have one - even more embarrassing, an AMD first-gen mobile Turion - which dates back to Windows XP - will largely keep up with it, if not beat it in some applications.)

I Still keep coming across desktop and laptops of customers with that ###### CPU. E2 and E3 are slightly better, but anything starting with AMD E- makes me want to cry. Because I know it will increase the repair time by a LOT

1 hour ago, warwagon said:

I Still keep coming across desktop and laptops of customers with that ###### CPU. E2 and E3 are slightly better, but anything starting with AMD E- makes me want to cry. Because I know it will increase the repair time by a LOT

The E-series of APUs were meant to replace the Turion and Sempron CPUs for portable and portable-derived designs - and compete against the Celeron and Pentium Dual-Cores from Intel.  One area the E series stood out compared to the Celeron and Pentium DC was their support for Hyper-V (something the original Celeron DC and Pentium DC lacked); however, the performance outside of that niche was largely awful in the E1 and E2.  And it REALLY didn't help when Intel replaced their Celeron DC and Pentium DC (when they killed off LGA775) with the Core-i-derived CeleronG and PentiumG.  My desktop and two notebooks are a G3258 (desktop) and two notebooks - a pair of mobile Turions; one first-gen and one second-gen.  The second-get Turion - like the Fusion APU - supports Hyper-V and uses an AMD chipset with integrated graphics (Mobility 4200 graphics, to be precise); the E1 and E2 are actually downgrades compared to the mobile Turion, and especially the second-generation.  The E3; though, is at least average.