'Shots fired' in Munich shopping centre, German police deployed

Shots have been fired in a Munich shopping centre and a police operation is under way.

Reports say the area round the shopping centre in the district of Moosach has been sealed off, but details of the incident are sketchy.

Several people are reported to have been killed, the Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper quotes police as saying.

The security forces have been on alert after a migrant stabbed five people on a train in Bavaria on Monday.

The authorities had warned of the danger of further attacks.

Reports speak of one attacker. Helicopters are said to be flying over the scene and workers being unable to leave their shops.

Munich police are telling people to avoid the area.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36870874

Edited by blank

It's appalling that the doom and gloom scenario is developing at such a fast pace in the West.

The scariest part is we are right in the beginning of the big mess that's ahead of us.

14 minutes ago, Mirumir said:

It's appalling that the doom and gloom scenario is developing at such a fast pace in the West.

The scariest part is we are right in the beginning of the big mess that's ahead of us.

The title and quote were taken from a BBC article. The link points to RT. 

title and article were from the bbc article, i mistakenly linked to Rt. my bad.

we have a huge issue going on, and its not being made up, and its not a gun issue, since germany has very strict gun laws.

Edited by blank

29 minutes ago, NinjaGinger said:

When at war, it  is absolutely mad to allow the enemy into your country no matter how noble the reason.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Immigration moratorium anyone?

Worked so well detaining the Japanese. Totally different circumstances, but just sayin'

7 minutes ago, DocM said:

At what point do we start deporting open borders advocates to the ME?

I also support abortion rights. That does not mean I want to abort every baby.

I'm not saying totally open borders, but we need reform to make immigration streamlined and screenable. A lot of the attacks in the US are being from domestic converts.

Edit; sorry, that is off topic for this

The European police are impotent. Their intelligence units are not equipped for the task at hand.

The only force in the Western Europe capable of dealing with this threat right now is NATO, but they tend to avoid the local issues that really matter thereby rendering themselves entirely useless.

All German TV stations interrupted by a civil service alert saying there is a mass attack in progress in Germany. Urges citizens to barricade themselves inside and not to leave their homes. It is also urging everyone, including authorities, to avoid public places.

Eeetch..this is bad

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36870874

Police in the German city of Munich say the perpetrators of a shooting attack are still on the run, and they advise people to avoid public places.

There are reports of at least six people killed, but police have not confirmed that figure.

A big security operation is under way at the Olympia shopping centre in the north-western Moosach district.

Shop workers have been unable to leave the building. There is no information about a possible motive for the attack.

The police Facebook page quoted eyewitnesses as saying they had seen three attackers carrying guns.
>

When are people going to wake up and understand that a country without a border is nothing. It is like introducing cats into a room full of mice and then wondering why the mice are gone.

8 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

When are people going to wake up and understand that a country without a border is nothing. It is like introducing cats into a room full of mice and then wondering why the mice are gone.

Only like there is 1 cat and 99 more mice