Will GTA 4 work well on my PC?

Specs:

10 GB DDR3 Memory

AMD Phenom II X3 B75 3.0 GHZ

600 GB Hitachi Hard drive

Nvidia Geforce GT 640 4GB

If there's anything else i need to mention, please let me know. I need to know that it will work well before i buy the game.

51 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/Requirements/grand-theft-auto-iv/10802

Yes. A 10 second search could tell you as much.

Now "what settings can I run GTA 4 at?" would be an entirely different question and slightly harder to answer. Probably medium to high.

That site is flawed. I've run the detection tool on my main PC, and for a game like GTA IV, it has suggested I "upgrade" my Gfx card from my current 1GB AMD Radeon 5450 to the 512MB ATi Radeon 3870 or equivalent nVidia card. An upgrade that would actually be a downgrade.

CanYouRunIt-on-DJGMPC--GTAIV.png

While my current Gfx card is technically obsolete, and isn't anywhere near suitable for current modern PC gaming requirements, I have tried running the PC version of GTA IV on my current setup, and it runs like s**t! That said, the OP should have no worries with GTA IV.

Edited by DJGM

6 minutes ago, DJGM said:

That site is flawed. I've run the detection tool on my main PC, and for a game like GTA IV, it has suggested I "upgrade" my Gfx card from my current 1GB AMD Radeon 5450 to the 512MB ATi Radeon 3870 or equivalent nVidia card. An upgrade that would actually be a downgrade.

CanYouRunIt-on-DJGMPC--GTAIV.png

While my current Gfx card is technically obsolete, and isn't anywhere near suitable for current PC gaming requirements, I have tried running GTA IV on my current setup, and it runs like s**t!

I wasn't using it for the detection tool, I was using it for the system requirements.

For $100 you can buy a new video card. Do it? a R9 280 should be about that with 400% the performance of an ancient low end 5450.

The CPU though I do admit is showing it's age. You may want to buy the video card and then start saving for a new pc board and cpu. AMD and Intel Haswell chipsets are still popular and will use your same DDR 3 ram. DDR 4 doesn't add much value and you can move everything over when you are ready

I'm planning some sort of physical system upgrade in the near future, but for now, my current system setup does more or less everything I need it to do. Any PC upgrade I do for my main system won't be for gaming purposes. I have an Xbox One that adequately serves my gaming needs.

PC Master Race my arse!