I've grown to love Xubuntu

I work in a job that deals with Ubuntu server administration so I have grown to love working with Linux.  The situation for me though, was which version of Ubuntu should I go with? 

I first jumped into Linux Mint and played with it for a while, but wanted more.  So, for the next few days and weeks, I went through the same process, trying on the distro that worked for me and I finally settled on Xunbutu for my needs. 

My only complaint is I cannot seem to get my Canon Pixma to be seen by Xsane, but that is a minor annoyance for me.

• Like 2

I am glad you have found the right distro for you.  

I can't - I re-try about every 4-6 months and this last time was successful in getting mint18 to install and run with no nVidia driver issues.

Then after I had everything set up - I sat there thinking "OK - this is boring"
Wiped out the partition and went back to Win10 - now just waiting for something to grab my interest.

That has been my Linux story for the last few years.

47 minutes ago, T3X4S said:

I am glad you have found the right distro for you.  

I can't - I re-try about every 4-6 months and this last time was successful in getting mint18 to install and run with no nVidia driver issues.

Then after I had everything set up - I sat there thinking "OK - this is boring"
Wiped out the partition and went back to Win10 - now just waiting for something to grab my interest.

That has been my Linux story for the last few years.

Until Linux has some useful apps and fun mainstream games, it will be boring.

2 hours ago, Medfordite said:

I work in a job that deals with Ubuntu server administration so I have grown to love working with Linux.  The situation for me though, was which version of Ubuntu should I go with? 

I first jumped into Linux Mint and played with it for a while, but wanted more.  So, for the next few days and weeks, I went through the same process, trying on the distro that worked for me and I finally settled on Xunbutu for my needs. 

My only complaint is I cannot seem to get my Canon Pixma to be seen by Xsane, but that is a minor annoyance for me.

Canon Pixma? I've got instructions for that! Allow me to direct you to the Tips N' Tricks thread, where I made a post about that very type of Printer/Scanner Combo and how to get it working ... :yes: 

Here ya go! Neowin Linux Support -- Tips N' Tricks Thread -- Canon & Pixma Drivers ... the correct ones you need to get Scanning working too!

Hope that helps. :) 

I don't know that I'd have ever gone with XFCE if Ubuntu Studio hadn't moved to it when Gnome 3 came out, but I really do like it. I know it's not Xubuntu, but it practically is. It's like Xubuntu with an added focus on creative audio, video and graphics production. And thunar is a great file manager.