Dunkirk - Christopher Nolan movie

ooooo....love me some WW2 movies.  Especially those covering events (like Dunkirk) which may not be familiar to people in the US.  Dunkirk is a fascinating history lesson.

Trailer looks good...most certainly will be on my list to watch next year. :) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I do hope he remembers that there were no American troops in this, saving the day...

3 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

Heey, wasn't the America that won the WW2 and saved the world? 

Why don't you two create a thread where you can make your remarks about America and not hijack this thread.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raze said:

Why don't you two create a thread where you can make your remarks about America and not hijack this thread.

It's quite relevant. Hollywood have a long history of screwing up historical events and adding in stuff that never happened, often involving bringing in US troops to save the day even when there were none anywhere near the events in reality.  For once, it would be nice to see an accurate portrayal of events. England, in her darkest hour, losing the battle and barely escaping by the skin of her teeth.

• Like 2

Just now, FloatingFatMan said:

It's quite relevant. Hollywood have a long history of screwing up historical events and adding in stuff that never happened, often involving bringing in US troops to save the day even when there were none anywhere near the events in reality.  For once, it would be nice to see an accurate portrayal of events. England, in her darkest hour, losing the battle and barely escaping by the skin of her teeth.

Then contact the producers/director.  And if that's what you meant, then say that.

1 minute ago, Raze said:

Then contact the producers/director.  And if that's what you meant, then say that.

It was pretty obvious.  Yogurth had no trouble understanding it at all.

No it wasn't, you have a well known history of making disparaging remarks about America and you know that.      Well good for him.  

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...