Can't get physical power button to power down computer

I just got a Minix Z64 and am having difficulties getting the physical power button to behave as I would wish. I use a Mac myself, but for a friend I'm trying to set this computer up to power an information display and function normally without a keyboard or mouse attached. To power it off at the end of the day, I would like to simply press the  physical power button on the front of it. I have, of course, looked in the options and set the power button to shut down, but whenever I press the power button, I get the ctrl-alt-del screen. In fact, I get the ctrl-alt-del screen regardless of what setting I choose for the "When I press the power button:" option, even if I choose "Do nothing". Is this normal behaviour?

As I said, the computer is new, it's running Windows 10, but, aside from installing VLC and Powerpoint viewer, nothing has been installed. The only thing connected is a cordless keyboard but once this is all set up, I hope to do away with that too. Is this normal or am I wishing for something that's not possible?

Power management in the BIOS is where I would look. BIOS trumps windows in this case, you should look for something along the lines of s1 or s3 sleep, and/or power button function. Look for something along the lines of instant off, instead of delay x seconds.

Thanks for the quick reply. Of course, I've posted this same issue on the Minix forums, but have not received a reply.

I took a look in the BIOS settings. There are no power management features. In fact, there aren't a whole lot of options in there at all. I did confirm that I am running the latest BIOS firmware.

This 1.5 min youtube video shows all the BIOS settings, except that the current BIOS version, the version installed on this computer, has fewer options.

Since I don't have a lot set up on this computer, I did wipe it and restore it to factory condition. The problem persists.

1. Log in as an administrator.
2. Right click the Menu button.
3. Left click -> Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power button does > Change settings that are currently unavailable
4. Uncheck the box next to Turn on fast startup (recommended)
5. Make sure Hibernate is unchecked.
6. Left click Save changes.
The next time you shut down the computer, it will be completely powered off.

This worked on my computer. Hopefully it will work for you. Do let me know. 

Thanks. That didn't quite solve it for me though. The computer has no problems shutting down if I use alt-f4 or by going through the usual start menu. However, I want the computer to go into the shutdown sequence when I press the power button on the computer. I want to be able to startup and shutdown the computer without using a keyboard or mouse.