Can I use faster RAM in systems that only support DDR3 1333MHz?

So I'm looking at upgrading a bunch of Lenovo M91P Machines from 4GB to 8GB. Looking at kingston I shows that I can use 

4GB Module - DDR3 1333MHz

Part Number: KCP313NS8/4

So far so good. However my local computer store only has Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL11 Desktop Memory (KVR16N11S8/4).  I'm not entirely sure if the speed different going to upset the machines. I've built my computer at home so I know how to deal with Gigabyte, ASUS boards etc but I never done all that much on OEM machines other than replacing/upgrading a harddrive or pulling one apart for spare parts. Could someone please give me some guidance with dealing with OEM machines?

Thank-you :) 

Supported RAMs: http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?devicetype=2&mfr=LEN&line=ThinkCentre&model=70732

RAM I that I am looking at (2 of those is going into each machines and the current memory in those machines will be used elsewhere): http://www.centrecom.com.au/kingston-4gb-ddr3-1600-cl11

RAM will always clock down to lowest speed you need.

AKA, you can buy 2400 RAM and use it as 1333

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

RAM will always clock down to lowest speed you need.

AKA, you can buy 2400 RAM and use it as 1333

Ok thank you for that, I should be fine then :)

You will be fine. The RAM will also have a lower CAS latency running at 1333Mhz. Probably CL9.

The worst you'll probably have to do is upgrade your BIOS beforehand if it doesn't recognise the module.

If you purchase RAM with a faster speed than your system can support, your CL will drop at the transfer-rate ceiling the motherboard in question supports.

For example; CL10-rated DDR3-1600 will perform like CL9-DDR3-1333; CL9 is rather low latency for desktops OR workstations still.