Rochester (NY) man tries to rob coffee shop by police station

A man accused of trying to rob a coffee shop in Henrietta was apprehended just outside the store early Thursday, according to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

The coffee shop is located about 200 feet from the sheriff's substation in Henrietta.

Keith Cintron, 53, of Rochester, was charged with attempted third-degree robbery, a felony, in connection with the early morning incident at Tim Hortons, 4760 West Henrietta Road, said Cpl. John Helfer of the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

Cintron is accused of leaning into the store through the drive-through window, grabbing an employee by his shirt and demanding cash about 2:15 a.m., Helfer said. Cintron, who was described as "highly intoxicated," was standing outside the store in Tim Hortons' parking lot when deputies arrived.

Cintron was arraigned in Henrietta Town Court Thursday morning and was remanded to the Monroe County Jail without bail. He is slated to return to court on Tuesday to answer the charges.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2016/08/25/rochester-man-tries-rob-coffee-shop-police-station/89340420/

Rochester .... NY? That's where the deaf technical college is at.

4 minutes ago, techbeck said:

what?

Yeah, Rochester Institute of Technology ... National Technical Institute of the Deaf (NTID) is in RIT. NTID is only entry-level (like high-school level) for deaf students. If a college-ready deaf student wants to enter, he'd have to go to RIT, not go in the NTID section.

Just now, MtnDewCodeRedFreak said:

Yeah, Rochester Institute of Technology ... National Technical Institute of the Deaf (NTID) is in RIT. NTID is only entry-level (like high-school level) for deaf students. If a college-ready deaf student wants to enter, he'd have to go to RIT, not go in the NTID section.

Oh, I know.  MY comment was a joke.  Guess that is lost via internet.  :)

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Oh, I know.  MY comment was a joke.  Guess that is lost via internet.  :)

:p

9 hours ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Was it you? :p

Gah, no! I hate Tim Horton's (I'm sorry Canadians!). The closest decent coffee is Dunkin Donuts which is right down the street. 

3 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

Darn it American's! Stop stealing place names! The real Rochester is the next town along from where I live! I thought this was a local thing!

Europeans migrated here, and they brought the city/town names - only makes sense right?  :) Hopefully the real Rochester is better than Rochester NY :p

On 8/29/2016 at 8:09 AM, tsupersonic said:

Gah, no! I hate Tim Horton's (I'm sorry Canadians!). The closest decent coffee is Dunkin Donuts which is right down the street. 

Europeans migrated here, and they brought the city/town names - only makes sense right?  :) Hopefully the real Rochester is better than Rochester NY

Rochester NY is real - I've been there for Botcon `97. Town was dead - took forever to find a place open to get breakfast Saturday morning. Hopefully this has changed in the last 20 years.

Now Rochester in the UK I can't vouch for ... so maybe that's the imaginary town! :p

2 hours ago, DConnell said:

Rochester NY is real - I've been there for Botcon `97. Town was dead - took forever to find a place open to get breakfast Saturday morning. Hopefully this has changed in the last 20 years.

Now Rochester in the UK I can't vouch for ... so maybe that's the imaginary town! :p

There are places that are open 24/7, and plenty of diners around...I don't know what it was like in '97, wasn't here then. In the city itself, Jines is a personal favorite. 

9 minutes ago, Pork Chopper said:

Rochester, NY has suffered much since Kodak started to slide downhill.

I don't think that the loss of Xerox helped much either.

I always wonder what businesses are still alive, keeping Rochester from being a ghost town.

I left there in 1984, and never looked back.

On August 29, 2016 at 8:09 AM, tsupersonic said:

Europeans migrated here, and they brought the city/town names - only makes sense right?  :) Hopefully the real Rochester is better than Rochester NY :p

Lol - and there is a Rochester in Minnesota and one in Indiana. 

On 8/30/2016 at 6:36 PM, DocM said:

There are still many towns in the US that roll up their sidewalks on Friday night and shut down for the weekend. 

Rochester is not one of those places ;)

On 8/30/2016 at 6:50 PM, LakeRat said:

I don't think that the loss of Xerox helped much either.

I always wonder what businesses are still alive, keeping Rochester from being a ghost town.

I left there in 1984, and never looked back.

It's not completely a ghost town, and I agree loss of Kodak and Xerox made it suffer. There's two excellent universities (RIT/University of Rochester). UofR is the biggest employer in the area. It isn't the blooming place it once was. 

6 hours ago, MtnDewCodeRedFreak said:

Lol - and there is a Rochester in Minnesota and one in Indiana. 

If that's not confusing enough, there's even a town of Rochester in New York :|

I knew that already, tsupersonic. :)

On 8/28/2016 at 10:29 PM, Hum said:

Should have tried the Donut shop.

On 9/3/2016 at 4:05 AM, MtnDewCodeRedFreak said:

I knew that already, tsupersonic. :)

And that wouldn't fly in most counties; you would be surprised that (despite the stereotyping) how many breakfast places ENCOURAGE law enforcement to use their places for stakeouts.

1.  Every McDonald's, Burger King, Starbucks, DunkinDonuts in the DC Metropolitan Statistical Area (both corporate AND franchisees).

2,  Same is true for RoyalFarms, 7-Eleven, and *their* competition (in the DC MSA and nearby MSAs, DashIn Stores, TigerMart (ExxonMobil), Sheetz, etc.).

Robbing a place frequented by cops gives extra motivation to the PO-lice; they don't want their hangout to close.