Windows 10 blue logo

you mean on the bootscreen? it will reside in BootRes.DLL probs as with previous windows.

Wont work with UEFI bios though, legacy only.

3 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Why do people always hate something they don't understand?

didnt you just answer that yourself mate?

I was gonna reply then thought meh :p LMGTFY sprung to mind, but couldnt find the effort :) 

6 minutes ago, Hum said:

Take that, Gary7 ! :shifty:

logo1.png

lol Hum, you ever thought about a job at MS in UI design? youd go down a treat with those skills. Just think what you could do to ALL those flat UI icons.....:woot: infact thats where you were hiding wasnt it?

You been in Redmond doing all these icons for MS! 

two mysteries cleared in 1 assumption! 

6 hours ago, Mando said:

you mean on the bootscreen? it will reside in BootRes.DLL probs as with previous windows.

Wont work with UEFI bios though, legacy only.

If you see the blue Windows flag, it is most likely legacy.

I've not had any non-legacy systems use the blue windows logo on boot.

15 hours ago, xendrome said:

Why do people always hate something they don't understand?

What I understand is that I can't image UEFI based systems with MDS, or Ghost with the software loads my job requests. So I disable it on every new system that's bought in order to get them loaded, and in place in time.

11 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

If you see the blue Windows flag, it is most likely legacy.

I've not had any non-legacy systems use the blue windows logo on boot.

my Z68 based Asus mobo is using UEFI and i see the blue boot logo, albeit for oooh 2 seconds tops.

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

So does my X99 board if in legacy mode ;)

to confirm you need UEFI to run GPT partitions though right? 

3 minutes ago, Mando said:

to confirm you need UEFI to run GPT partitions though right? 

I think so?  I've not kept up.

However, you can run UEFI in legacy mode, it will pull the image from that dll while booting, and still support GPT. All of my UEFI systems that are not in legacy mode display the UEFI splash screen while booting, along with the typical windows 10 loading circle. My UEFI laptop that doesn't support Secure Boot uses the blue logo, as well as my workstation while in legacy mode.

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

I think so?  I've not kept up.

However, you can run UEFI in legacy mode, it will pull the image from that dll while booting, and still support GPT. All of my UEFI systems that are not in legacy mode display the UEFI splash screen while booting, along with the typical windows 10 loading circle.

Cool, ill need to check when i get home, im wondering why im seeing the flag now :)

thanks buddy :) and tbh im the same, Legacy BIOS or UEFI BIOS.......once you set it you rarely go near it again :) 

1 minute ago, Mando said:

Cool, ill need to check when i get home, im wondering why im seeing the flag now :)

thanks buddy :) and tbh im the same, Legacy BIOS or UEFI BIOS.......once you set it you rarely go near it again :) 

I hear ya there ;)

Though I usually use laptops which don't have many options to change anyway. 

After watching the above video, I am discouraged from trying to alter the Windows logo file.

This is where Microsoft should have thought ahead and realized that people might get tired of the same blue logo.

MS should have built in a way to change it -- even let people use their own customized logos.

7 minutes ago, Hum said:

After watching the above video, I am discouraged from trying to alter the Windows logo file.

This is where Microsoft should have thought ahead and realized that people might get tired of the same blue logo.

MS should have built in a way to change it -- even let people use their own customized logos.

Microsoft doesn't want you mucking around with their OS like that, especially a boot file. It becomes a support nightmare.

It isn't hard to modify; I'm sure you can do it with your 20 years of experience building and fixing PCs :)

4 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Microsoft doesn't want you mucking around with their OS like that, especially a boot file. It becomes a support nightmare.

It isn't hard to modify; I'm sure you can do it with your 20 years of experience building and fixing PCs :)

tbh ive always avoided changing the bootlogo, even back in WinMe days, it was just too much risk for a second or twos change.