Meriwether County Great-Grandmother Beaten in Her Home (Update)

OG Story:  http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/meriwether-county-great-grandmother-beaten-in-her-home/418143784

MERIWETHER COUNTY, Ga. - Sheriff’s detectives are looking for up to four robbers who broke into a home in Meriwether County and beat and burned an 83-year-old woman. 

It happened late Thursday night along Forest Road.

"I can't believe somebody would set a grandmother on fire,” the victim’s daughter-in-law Beth Dow said. 

The sheriff says three men and a woman kicked in the back door and attacked Dorothy Dow as she was lying in bed.

"These suspects began to demand money from Miss Dow. She pleaded with them that she didn't have any money. They began to brutally beat her,” Sheriff Chuck Smith said. 

She died:  http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/elderly-woman-burned-beaten-in-her-home-dies-weeks-after-attack/430968502

MERIWETHER COUNTY, Ga. - An elderly woman who was beaten and burned inside her Meriwether County home has died weeks after the attack, the county's coroner confirmed to Channel 2 Action News.

Dorothy Dow, 83, was lying in her bed when three men and a woman kicked in her back door and attacked her in early August, according to police.

"These suspects began to demand money from Miss Dow. She pleaded with them that she didn't have any money. They began to brutally beat her,” Sheriff Chuck Smith said. 

The family said Dow’s right and left arms were broken, and she had cuts and bruises all over her face. 

The sheriff said the robbers then poured a flammable liquid on the victim and lit it.

Dow did everything she could to survive and call for help.

"She remembered she had a gallon of water she filled her breathing machine with. With those broken hands, she took that top off the gallon of water and poured it on her head to put out the flames,” said her daughter-in-law, Beth Dow. 

Dorothy Dow then managed to crawl to another room to get her cellphone and call 911.

She was in the hospital in critical condition for weeks and died Saturday afternoon.

"That part's not real. We still can't put our hands around...that she was murdered," Dow said.

Justin Pierce Grady, 38, Cortavious Deshun Heard, 18, Shanquavious Keontrell Cameron, 17, Mina Christine Ellery, 17, and Angel Latrice Harmon, 17, are all facing multiple charges in connection to the attack.

"I can't imagine being one of their mamas, and know that your child has done this," Dow said.

Police believe the motive was robbery. They say Dorothy Dow owned a blueberry farm and would pay locals cash to pick the berries. Some of the attackers were former employees.

"I would love to talk to them and ask 'Why? Why did you do this?' I do want them to be punished," Dow said.

Dow said police assured the family charges against the suspects will be upgraded if her mother-in-law died.

The suspects:

Suspects.png

7 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

That is too good for them. They say "Black Lives Matter" I guess 83 year old ladies don't. These people are scum, they are lower than scum.

What the ###### does Black Lives Matter have to do with this? These people? Did you mean ######?

EDIT: I bet you can fill in the blanks. Hint, the last word was the N-word in plural form.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, oldtimefighter said:

What the ###### does Black Lives Matter have to do with this? These people? Did you mean ######?

EDIT: I bet you can fill in the blanks. Hint, the last word was the N-word in plural form.

Do not put words in my mouth. You may be a racist but I am not. It just seems to be contradiction in terms.

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Do not put words in my mouth. You may be a racist but I am not. It just seems to be contradiction in terms.

You are the one that brought race into it.  Black Lives Matters is irrelevant to this post... Seriously, considering most Neowin members are white and the site is based in the UK why does Black Lives Matters come up in every other news/political post on this site?

I love how some users here always act as victims instead of just saying sorry or we have differing opinions and part separate ways.

frabz-Heres-your-shovel-Keep-digging-36e1ee.jpg

As I've stated in the past, Neowin is becoming more and more polluted with racism, and politics. I wish the Administrators of this website would step in and clean up this trash. I can only imagine how our black members feel when these garbage posts pop up. Take your racist attitudes elsewhere, please.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JHBrown said:

As I've stated in the past, Neowin is becoming more and more polluted with racism, and politics. I wish the Administrators of this website would step in and clean up this trash. I can only imagine how our black members feel when these garbage posts pop up. Take your racist attitudes elsewhere, please.

Well to me it is quite apparent that they do not care.

Massive thread cleaning done.

This will stop now or this thread will be closed.

Please be considerate.

21 hours ago, DocM said:

Wood_Chipper___Shredder.jpg

Nah, give them the same treatment they gave that poor lady. Wood chipper is too humane.