NVIDIA GTX1060 HDMI to coax streaming issue

Hello, I need to capture HDMI output from GPU and then with HDMI QAM Modulator and RF passive splitter stream video to a couple of TV sets (I can't use HDMI without DVB modulatoion to coax because TVs are located quite far away from computer) so here is a problem - I can get signal only up to 720p@30 with GTX 1060, I tried with GTX 1080 and it goes all the way long to 1080p@60, I mean GTX1060 is brand new, it should give me better resolution. I use QAM256 modulation and H.264 encoding. What do I do wrong? 

The 1060 should be able to output the same signal as the 1080...I'm personally not aware of any limitations with regards to the HDMI portion of the 1060 vs. the 1080.  You could try the latest drivers which I believed fixed the DPC on Pascal ... which might be messing up the signal?  Also, if you tried the 1080 ... found it worked ... then installed the 1060 ... you may want to do a clean install of the drivers.  Also ...information is missing.  Like ... what shows up in the nVidia Control Panel with the GTX1080 vs. the GTX1060...any other monitors hooked up (like to the display ports)...etc.  

Anyway ... I'm betting that something on the computer end isn't setup properly ... but without more information ... it is hard to tell.

1 hour ago, jjkusaf said:

The 1060 should be able to output the same signal as the 1080...I'm personally not aware of any limitations with regards to the HDMI portion of the 1060 vs. the 1080.  You could try the latest drivers which I believed fixed the DPC on Pascal ... which might be messing up the signal?  Also, if you tried the 1080 ... found it worked ... then installed the 1060 ... you may want to do a clean install of the drivers.  Also ...information is missing.  Like ... what shows up in the nVidia Control Panel with the GTX1080 vs. the GTX1060...any other monitors hooked up (like to the display ports)...etc.  

Anyway ... I'm betting that something on the computer end isn't setup properly ... but without more information ... it is hard to tell.

Try looking at the differences in the two cards. The 1o80 costs almost 3 times as much for a reason.

Stick to the topic please and assist. This isn't the place to push AMD/NVIDIA Fanboism, this is a support forum.

17 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Try looking at the differences in the two cards. The 1o80 costs almost 3 times as much for a reason.

There are no differences between the output signals of a 1060 and 1080

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, xendrome said:

Stick to the topic please and assist. This isn't the place to push AMD/NVIDIA Fanboism, this is a support forum.

There are no differences between the output signals of a 1060 and 1080

The memory speed of one is 8 the 1080 is 10/the 1060 is 1708mhz the 1080 is 1733 if there were no difference the cards would cost the same.

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

The memory speed of one is 8 the 1080 is 10/the 1060 is 1708mhz the 1080 is 1733 if there were no difference the cards would cost the same.

Who said anything about memory speed? I said output signals. I'm fully aware of the performance differences between a 1060 and 1080.

it could be a hdmi handshake issue with the modulator and the 1060.  or it could be down the quality of the circuits on the  1060.....

could of also went with powered hdmi extenders that use network lines instead. would of been way cheaper too.

should also ask the company that made the modulator for help on the issues. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xendrome said:

Who said anything about memory speed? I said output signals. I'm fully aware of the performance differences between a 1060 and 1080.

Yeah, I agree with this. Memory has nothing to do with output signals...