Sent an unhappy e-mail to Amazon

Anyone else been deceived by FREE shipping ?

Why does the FREE shipping not work ?

I added 5 items to my cart, all advertised with the FREE shipping, over $49.

When I go to the checkout, no free shipping appears -- it tries to charge me over $15. -- I had $57 of items.

I have cancelled order after order, when I find out there is NO free shipping.

When is Amazon going to fix this problem ?

1) Gotta make sure your items are eligible for free shipping ... and only those items contribute to your free shipping minimum purchasing order (of $49).  So, if you ordered a $49 item that isn't eligible for free shipping ... and a $1 item that is ... you haven't met your minimum purchase amount afaik.

2) Have to make sure you select Free Shipping as it defaults to a standard/cost shipping method.  I believe your order also has to be grouped into as few shipments as possible.

Other than that ... dunno.  Based on the problem you're describing ... contacting Amazon is the best way.  I haven't had any issues with the Free Shipping....though I swear they stick my order(s) on a snail carrier.

• Like 3

Er, most of the times I've seen the shipping fees change is when you aren't buying directly from Amazon, but from a vendor under their system... especially if you have items from different vendors.

• Like 3

Add at least $25 of books (in which case all other eligible items in the order also ship free), or at least $49 of all other eligible items to your Shopping Cart. Any item with "FREE Shipping" messaging on the product detail page,

that is fulfilled and shipped by Amazon, is eligible and contributes to your free shipping order minimum.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=527692

Received this Reply:

Hello,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had with regards to the charge of the shipping charges.

I've reviewed your comments and I completely understand the situation.I’ll take care of this right away.

I can only presume that due to technical glitch in the system you were able to see the charges on your order for the shipping fee.

In this case, I request you to please proceed and place a new order (for the items sold and fulfilled by Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon) with upgraded shipping speed and write back to us with the order number so that we will issue a refund for the shipping charges.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

[Edited out]

Please be assured that this will not repeat with your future orders. As per experience, issues like this are fixed shortly after they've been reported.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to serve you in the near future.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

• Like 2

Just now, xendrome said:

There is literally 0 BS when it comes to Amazon.

agreed... amazon is literally my favorite e-store... I love the convenience of check customers review before purchasing decision. In eBay, you don't have that privilege.

Just now, xendrome said:

There is literally 0 BS when it comes to Amazon.

That is your opinion. If you don't pay them $99 a year you get a ton of it. ask the OP , seems like he is getting some.:wacko:

3 minutes ago, macoman said:

agreed... amazon is literally my favorite e-store... I love the convenience of check customers review before purchasing decision. In eBay, you don't have that privilege.

I agree, except times like this when they try rooking me. :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

That is your opinion. If you don't pay them $99 a year you get a ton of it. ask the OP , seems like he is getting some.:wacko:

This is my experience, not opinion, I've spent over $200K with them across both a personal and business account since 2001 when I started using them.

2 minutes ago, xendrome said:

This is my experience, not opinion, I've spent over $200K with them across both a personal and business account since 2001 when I started using them.

Then you paid the 99 dollars. I have had a difference experience you are not the only user of Amazon. I will never use it again. Spend another $200K there if you wish.

9 minutes ago, Hum said:

Maybe take a glance at this ...

https://www.amazon.com/forum/complaints/

Take that into context though.  Amazon has roughly over 304M customer accounts.  7 complaints in the last 24-hours, 24 complaints over the last 2 days 

.... not bad. :) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xendrome said:

There is literally 0 BS when it comes to Amazon. They will go above and beyond to make things right for the customer.

incidentally, they also go above and beyond to screw their workers

7 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Then you paid the 99 dollars. I have had a difference experience you are not the only user of Amazon. I will never use it again. Spend another $200K there if you wish.

Paying for free 2nd day shipping and all the other Amazon Prime benefits doesn't change the customer experience. It just adds additional perks.

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Total discussions:  1023

Over the period of 155 days (oldest discussion is from Apr 23, 2016) ... or on average 6.6 "discussions"/"complaints" per day.

Just now, xendrome said:

Paying for free 2nd day shipping and all the other Amazon Prime benefits doesn't change the customer experience. It just adds additional perks.

If I spent $200K there, they would treat me better as well and they also would to Hum. I mainly purchase electronic parts and PC parts, I would rather not deal with a company that sells anything from soup to nuts.

So if you hate amazon so much, why are you shopping there???  If you do not shop there then where do you shop online that is better than amazon.  Used them for many years before prime, zero issues..  I switch to prime and still zero issues, now I can order stuff that is only a few dollars and get free shipping vs having to wait up till needed enough to get the free shipping ;)

I also get video's and music.  I also get % back on my purchases that pay for the prime cost..  It really is a win win...