I just thought it would be a good idea to create a central thread for all us fans to discuss the game (experiences, gear, quests, etc.) and for those new or interested to ask questions.

Presently I'm a level 22 Paladin and my realm has been down for a good 20 hours, so yeah I'm a little ****ed. Besides that though the game is incredible and in a few weeks I anticipate a new patch to fix the bugs (especially my lvl 20 Paladin quest that gives me a awesome new weapon ) as well as new servers to alleviate the queue issue. How has the world of Azeroth treated the rest of you?

Neowin Guild

For those of you that would like to join the Neowin guild, here's the info:

Server: Quel'Dorei (US, PvE)

Faction: Horde

Guild Name: Neowinian

The guild has now been formed :woot:

Whisper anybody in <Neowinian> and they should be able to send you an invite.

i might get this game over eq2,( to avoid paying for a super computer) as soon as they update the sega genisis graphics on this game and change the gameplay a little ;)

I played it at my friends house, and i liked the gameplay because it was so similar to eq1 and i really like everquest so yup, but the graphics turned me off, its a good game though.

I played it at my friends house, and i liked the gameplay because it was so similar to eq1 and i really like everquest so yup, but the graphics turned me off, its a good game though.

585026579[/snapback]

What kind of machine were you playing it on? I have my settings maxed and it looks pretty good. But MMOs generally aren't focused on too much flash anyway. I actually find the graphics to be very hand crafted as was their intent, and enjoy them. I do know what you mean though, if anyone is looking for hyper realism then they need to look elsewhere.

hmm it was my friends computer all i know was his vid card was a 6800. The graphics Arent thad bad ( could be better which is why i joke around with it) i like this game tho but i already bought EQ2 and im to broke to switch but hey if eq2 fails yall know where ill come running ;P

lvl 25 night elf named shadowelf on the bleeding hollow server. spent 4 hours today in the charred vale killing harpies by myself because I kept getting pvped by lvl 28 rogues. However I still had tons of fun and even managed to walk straight through the barrents all the way to the thousand needles today with only getting caught once. i am so glad that I got this game. still has a few bugs but I feel that after the first month things will be fine.

Level 9 Night Elf Hunter on Eastern Lothar Normal server. So far since the day it came out, i've had no lag, or server queues, and no problems. (except the normal maintenance Blizzard is doing.) No complaints at all.

I only wish i had more people to play with!

Level 9 Night Elf Hunter on Eastern Lothar Normal server.  So far since the day it came out, i've had no lag, or server queues, and no problems.  (except the normal maintenance Blizzard is doing.)  No complaints at all.

I only wish i had more people to play with!

585026627[/snapback]

hmm more people to play with ? damn i thought there would be to many people to play with considering the game sold out like that :huh:

• Like 1

hmm more people to play with ? damn i thought there would be to many people to play with considering the game sold out like that  :huh:

585026671[/snapback]

The problem with some is you can be surrounded by people and still not find someone who wants to party. This is why I'm quitting Ragnarok Online and switching to WoW.

Can someone explain to me the general idea of a MMORPG? I loved WarCraft III and would like to try this one out.

From what I can gather, you meet up with a bunch of people. Now, when you join a clan (party, whatever) do you all set out on the same quest and fight the same enemies? Are there quests designed specifically for parties (meaning they require 5+ players to beat)? I realize these are pretty general and rookie questions...gotta start somewhere I guess :)

Thanks.

Can someone explain to me the general idea of a MMORPG? I loved WarCraft III and would like to try this one out.

From what I can gather, you meet up with a bunch of people. Now, when you join a clan (party, whatever) do you all set out on the same quest and fight the same enemies? Are there quests designed specifically for parties (meaning they require 5+ players to beat)? I realize these are pretty general and rookie questions...gotta start somewhere I guess :)

Thanks.

585026700[/snapback]

Mainly the general idea for MMORPG is the community to delve yourself into. To either solo or party with people. To level and have some fun while your at it.

Clans are a different matter. It all depends on what kind of clans you join. Some clans work mainly as a group of friends that you can chat with and get some help. While others work like a pack of wolf going from one to another. I prefer the 1st kind.

By what I understand they have both kinds of quests in the game. Some for soloing and some that do require more than 1 person because the dungeon maybe a bit hard for 1.

Oh and also if you have anymore questions or wish to look more info up on this one check here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/faq/

Edited by Gahmahn

Bought the collectors edition of Everquest 2 (regret), and after seeing broken quests, gameplay issues, shader lighting glitches, mob bugs, and a multitude of other knick knacks... not to mention Sony's beloved NVidia they so proudly promoted doesnt pull through in providing the game with ample performace while keeping an expected level of quality. IE my 6800 GT, 3.2 AMD XP, and 1gb 2225 pc3200 ram cant play the game @ Balanced settings smoothly...

I goto WoW.. guess what?! Perfect release, smooth gameplay, polished look and feel, and the performance, while expected to be better since WoW's engine lacks the uber-detail the Granny3D engine EQ2 uses, runs at 1280x1024, 8xAA, and 16xAF over 40fps at ANY given time, and looks gorgeous doing so. The low poly count is easily made up for with the fluidity of movement in the animations of the models, as well as over all movement throughout Azeroth shifts seamlessly from one zone to the next.

I love how they have a mailing system (to send items or money right to a players door step), and Auction House (both the states idea from FFXI), Honor point system (for PvP), Honor point incentive based merchants (honor equipment, really nice gear for talented PvPers), Well Rested State bonus expereince, to mention a few.

World of Warcraft blew me away, and after playing Everquest Live! for 4 years I must say I am sorry to say goodbye to Sony, but I must tip my hat to Blizzard for a job, well well done. <applause>

lvl 12 Priest, the Horde - Gorefiend (PvP, EST) server -- and loving it.

See you in Azeroth!

Mainly the general idea for MMORPG is the community to delve yourself into.  To either solo or party with people.  To level and have some fun while your at it.

Clans are a different matter.  It all depends on what kind of clans you join.  Some clans work mainly as a group of friends that you can chat with and get some help.  While others work like a pack of wolf going from one to another.  I prefer the 1st kind.

By what I understand they have both kinds of quests in the game.  Some for soloing and some that do require more than 1 person because the dungeon maybe a bit hard for 1.

Oh and also if you have anymore questions or wish to look more info up on this one check here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/faq/

585026722[/snapback]

Great info, thanks!

I think I'm going to pick this up after xmas shopping is done. This seems like a game with infinite replay value, which is the most important aspect to gaming in my mind.

Great info, thanks!

I think I'm going to pick this up after xmas shopping is done. This seems like a game with infinite replay value, which is the most important aspect to gaming in my mind.

585026840[/snapback]

Oh np. Now if I could only find a place around here that has a copy. Not one store here has gotten their shipments yet. :p

Have you guys seen this yet? This is currently the largest player in WoW. He's already lvl 53 and cap lvl is 60. :no: Only 4 days of work and he's 53. :blink:

Edited by Gahmahn

Oh np.  Now if I could only find a place around here that has a copy.  Not one store here has gotten their shipments yet.  :p

Have you guys seen this yet? This is currently the largest player in WoW.  He's already lvl 53 and cap lvl is 60.  :no: Only 4 days of work and he's 53.  :blink:

585026848[/snapback]

That's sick, I bet Blizzard has their eye on that guy.

im just curious about how long till the lvl cap is removed and how many quests there will be to do around lvl 60 or so. I know there will be the big pvp battles but there is only one way to find out. Anyways I hope to be level 27 before I head off to work again so we'll see. I really like my druid and I advise any new guy to try it out. Great for party and solo play and while not the most powerful guy, can still do some cool stuff.

Have you guys seen this yet? This is currently the largest player in WoW.  He's already lvl 53 and cap lvl is 60.  :no: Only 4 days of work and he's 53.  :blink:

585026848[/snapback]

Geesh, I've been playing almost non-stop when I'm not at work and I'm only level 16 :pinch:

How do you pull up that detailed info? I've never seen an option to get that..

I only have a chance to play about 3 hours a day with work and all. I have had a Lvl 7 Priest, and now I have a 15 Shaman. I didn't like the amount of Alliance I saw so I decided to give the Horde a try. Strong, Hornorable, I love my Tauren. I have to say that the Shaman IS the Horde Paladin. Great class, I have damage spell, totems for AOE spells, and I can heal and revive. The buffs are very good also. I'm working on getting the second Item in my Fire Totem quest right now. If anyone plays on The Burning Hand, let me know.

It's about time this thread was made. Now to get it pinned.

Geesh, I've been playing almost non-stop when I'm not at work and I'm only level 16  :pinch:

How do you pull up that detailed info?  I've never seen an option to get that..

585028427[/snapback]

I think you just type in /played not sure though haven't got my copy yet.

I only have a chance to play about 3 hours a day with work and all.  I have had a Lvl 7 Priest, and now I have a 15 Shaman.  I didn't like the amount of Alliance I saw so I decided to give the Horde a try.  Strong, Hornorable, I love my Tauren.  I have to say that the Shaman IS the Horde Paladin.  Great class, I have damage spell, totems for AOE spells, and I can heal and revive.  The buffs are very good also.  I'm working on getting the second Item in my Fire Totem quest right now.  If anyone plays on The Burning Hand, let me know.

It's about time this thread was made.  Now to get it pinned.

585028500[/snapback]

Any queue problems in that server? I plan on making a Troll Shaman.