Logitech MX518 Spy Shots

Adjust Sensitivity on the Fly... looks familiar to the same feature that the Razer Diamondback already has.

The Diamonback is 1600 DPI too as the MX 518, only difference is that Razer's has been out a while. ;)

Any wireless mice is limited when it comes to gaming, like the MX1000. A wireless mouse has a sample rate of 125Hz = 8ms and it can't be changed.

Wired mice can be tweaked to use much better sample rate of 250Hz=4ms, 500Hz = 2ms or even 1000Hz = 1ms, it is much smoother after you run at e.g. 500Hz than before.

I would never get a wireless mouse for gaming as I play FPS games, the MX1000 is just a overhyped mice in new coating, nothing new, but people see the word 'laser' and they are hooked and buying into the frenzy without even consiering altertives with better hardware like the Razer Diamondback which is the best mouse for gaming at the moment in ways of hardware and features.

I would like it Logitech would compete with MS in the Natual Keyboard department since that really is nice to have better features..

585476943[/snapback]

I have to agree w/ you on that!

i'm using the mx700 right now but i might switch to this. i wonder how much it's goign to be

585479803[/snapback]

Why would you switch from a great cordless mouse to a corded mouse? I doubt the new stuff is worth the hype its getting.

just one thing bugs me: when people say "there's no lag on a cordless mouse because i don't notice it". just because you can't notice something doesn't mean it's not there.

and yes, weight does play a big factor too, and i still prefer corded because of that.

just one thing bugs me:  when people say "there's no lag on a cordless mouse because i don't notice it".  just because you can't notice something doesn't mean it's not there. 

and yes, weight does play a big factor too, and i still prefer corded because of that.

585479856[/snapback]

what's the big deal about the "lag" then?

what's the big deal about the "lag" then?

585479861[/snapback]

Many gamers feel that if there is a lag w/ their mouse, their gaming performance suffers (especially on online games where any lag in any form can mean life or death). Personally, I haven't really noticed much of a difference in optical mice. But I usually don't play my games online though.

Everyone is different and has their own preferences and are sensitive to certain things.

use what ever mouse you like to use what ever floats your boat, people are diffrent, i like how they let you choose the diffrent res on the fly for games. i think someone one said 800 or 1600 for regular FPS and you can go 400 for sniping for more control, how thoughtfull of logitch hey its a nice start.

use what ever mouse you like to use, new one comes out your choice to buy it dont have to if you like what you got ( you too mouseball users). Hell look at graphics cards, i dont need an ATI x850 or nvidia 6800, my 9700 is just fine i dont need the super detail $600 can buy because in the end its all point and click so i cant see the uber blood spat or that extra pixel in something exploding doesnt really matter online i shoot you, you shoot me, we get on with life (or lack of life)

I've come to dislike corded mice. I have enough wires to deal with everyday, one for my phone, another for my iPod... Im loving my MX1000, way better than the MX700 and works well for me. Lag - So Im not a serious gamer! I play Rome, CS: Source and the whole shebang. No lag experienced what so ever and this has helped me improve my gaming more than anything. My last corded mouse was the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 - After that, MX700 and have never looked at corded mice ever again.

Those complaining about weight... Work out!

And whats this about on the spot sensitivity adjust? Games have consoles for that purpose and other purposes as well...

Many gamers feel that if there is a lag w/ their mouse, their gaming performance suffers (especially on online games where any lag in any form can mean life or death).  Personally, I haven't really noticed much of a difference in optical mice.  But I usually don't play my games online though.

Everyone is different and has their own preferences and are sensitive to certain things.

585479929[/snapback]

i play call of duty and have never had a problem with my mx1000. it took a while to get used to but it works great in games. :)

I used to have the MX1000 but I could never just get used to it, plus the weight held me down when I needed it to be smooth and quick, I got the MX510 now and so far it rocks