Does Best Buy Pay Well?

my advice, if this is only gonna be a summer job, work somewhere worthwhile for the summer

a ritas, a dairy queen, a water park, a boardwalk, a summer camp, somewhere you can be outside and enjoy the summer

working retail indoors is the WORST in summertime

Definitely not a bad place to work while you're in college if you're not in any internships or anything, as they can be fairly flexible on what your availability is. I started at $9.50 because I had previous experience in computer sales...at $10.16 now...

A friend of mine got hired at best buy at 9 bucks an hour because that's what he made at his old job and they matched it. I would apply if they would match 10 dollars an hour because quite frankly no one should ever have to work with food. Trust me, it's just awful, lol.

I work at Best Buy and my starting pay was a little over $8, so they do pay good. Plus, the discounts make it all worthwhile ;)

That's not a bad price.

Here in Canada, they can't ask you your age in interviews...I'm 14 but I look 17.:laugh:h:

585721556[/snapback]

yeah but if you get hired you still have to prove you are of legal working age

i started at 7 in MI when i was 16 w/ little experience...one thing i loved, employee discount was manufacturers cost+5% (huge savings on car audio...which was great for when i was 16!) from my stores PI i also got a $400 bonus :D

Definitely not a bad place to work while you're in college if you're not in any internships or anything, as they can be fairly flexible on what your availability is. I started at $9.50 because I had previous experience in computer sales...at $10.16 now...

585721549[/snapback]

10.16 is not bad at all. :)

working retail indoors is the WORST in summertime

585721518[/snapback]

not always...ill take indoors anytime compared 95+ degree weather (california). Im at a Moving Company until i return to school, $11 an hour, lots of overtime $$$ and double time $$$ and tips ($100 tip last saturday), but as the summer comes im ready to change to Best Buy or Home Depot, they start off around $9 and hour and regular working hours seems nice now

Best Buy just called me back for the 3rd interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the people that worked there already what kind of questions can i expect???????????????????????????????? I really want this job!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

Questions are going to be based on what department you're applying for.

I worked there the summer of 2003 in pc sales. It was interesting, to say the least. Some love it, some don't last a week.

They will ask you if you see a friend/employee steal, what do you do? Answer: Tell a manager.

Are your hours flexible? Answer: Yes, yes they are.

It's all very common sense stuff.