Xoom 3.2 update file

Here are a few screenshots of it running. And new features.

Settings

post-120066-0-85799200-1310506841.png

Zoom

post-120066-0-37070300-1310506863.png

SD Card Support

post-120066-0-91331900-1310506904.png

wow, the xoom just got SD card support?

and what about actual technical changes, like hardware acceleration and what not? 3.2 bring any of that?

It should be noted that this is only for WiFi Xooms at this time.

wow, the xoom just got SD card support?

and what about actual technical changes, like hardware acceleration and what not? 3.2 bring any of that?

Hardware acceleration was brought in at 3.1, however, it is slightly improved in this release. This is mostly a small update to bring SD card support and the app zoom ability.

Hardware acceleration was brought in at 3.1, however, it is slightly improved in this release. This is mostly a small update to bring SD card support and the app zoom ability.

i am more talking about full hardware acceleration ala iOS and WP7. panning and zooming can be slow as on my transformer every once in a while.

As we already know, Android 3.2 will bring the official support for 7 inch display devices, and it will be the last Honeycomb update before Google releases Ice Cream Sandwich.

Android 3.2 also brings support for Qualcomm processor in addition to nVIDIA Tegra 2, which many reports suggested as the reference processor for Honeycomb. This change is quite obvious, otherwise MediaPad would have never got Android 3.2, as it runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.2 GHz dual core processor.

Apart from all these changes, Android 3.2 brings bug fixes, better hardware acceleration, updates to Movie Studio, Movies, Music and widgets. Not many changes, but it still brings one of the most important changes to Honeycomb in the form of 7 inch support.

As we already know, Android 3.2 will bring the official support for 7 inch display devices, and it will be the last Honeycomb update before Google releases Ice Cream Sandwich.

Android 3.2 also brings support for Qualcomm processor in addition to nVIDIA Tegra 2, which many reports suggested as the reference processor for Honeycomb. This change is quite obvious, otherwise MediaPad would have never got Android 3.2, as it runs on Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.2 GHz dual core processor.

Apart from all these changes, Android 3.2 brings bug fixes, better hardware acceleration, updates to Movie Studio, Movies, Music and widgets. Not many changes, but it still brings one of the most important changes to Honeycomb in the form of 7 inch support.

those sound great to me, now i all i gotta is wait for asus to release the update... especially the Music app, crashes on me all the time.

Thanks for the update file, but can you provide more information? Don't get me wrong, but i'm a bit wary of a file coming from your own server with just "update" listed.

Reason I ask, I've got a customer with one and it needs updating, but haven't heard anything through official channels about it (yet).

It's got 3G in it, if that makes a difference?

Thanks for the update file, but can you provide more information? Don't get me wrong, but i'm a bit wary of a file coming from your own server with just "update" listed.

Reason I ask, I've got a customer with one and it needs updating, but haven't heard anything through official channels about it (yet).

It's got 3G in it, if that makes a difference?

It should be noted that this is only for WiFi Xooms at this time.

apparently it does. i wouldn't touch it if i was you, especially when it's not yours.

Okay, thanks for the mention. I'll wait to see what comes down the official channels.

Yep, you'll want to wait until the 3G version is released. It should be available for download from Google's website shortly after it starts rolling out OTA. Then if he's got an OTG USB cable, it's just a matter of putting it on a USB stick, plugging it in, and rebotting into recovery to flash the file. Otherwise he can just wait until he gets prompted for the OTA update.

Let me understand this, are you saying when google releases ICS, I would be able to install it on my current tablet (asus eee pad)?

Let me understand this, are you saying when google releases ICS, I would be able to install it on my current tablet (asus eee pad)?

No, Google only releases updates for Google Experience Devices. For other devices you need to wait for your manufacturer to push out the bloatware full versions for your specific device. (Or you can root and do whatever you want ;))

No, Google only releases updates for Google Experience Devices. For other devices you need to wait for your manufacturer to push out the bloatware full versions for your specific device. (Or you can root and do whatever you want ;))

+1

most times this is due to each manufacturer wanting to tweak it specifically for their device or to add their own twist on the UI (HTC sence UI or Motorola Blur*no longer called this*)

+1

most times this is due to each manufacturer wanting to tweak it specifically for their device or to add their own twist on the UI (HTC sence UI or Motorola Blur*no longer called this*)

im glad asus doesn't fill their stuff with bloat :) i like what they have done to android actually.

im glad asus doesn't fill their stuff with bloat :) i like what they have done to android actually.

From what i have seen Asus does not put bloatware on any of their devices Android or otherwise, (which is a VERY good thing)

One of the reasons I got the xoom rather than waiting for other devices is because it was a Google Development Platform which means I always get a stock experience. As far as phones I anymore it is getting difficult to see that. I am currently waiting on the Galaxy S 2 to be released in the US and then I will put CM7 on it as that is what I am running on my OG Droid at the moment.