Greetings, all!

The new version of the forum board works great for me, however, I've just wanted to mention an issue here. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature.

When you reply to a post by quoting it, in your post editing window, you get the quoted text plain naked without borders (the quote tags are invisible), so it's kind of tricky to know if what you type will be inside the quoted area or not.

Cheers!

Greetings, all!

The new version of the forum board works great me, however, I've just wanted to mention an issue here. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature.

When you reply to a post by quoting it, in your post editing window, you get the quoted text plain naked without borders (the quote tags are invisible), so it's kind of tricky to know if what you type will be inside the quoted area or not.

Works fine for me in fast reply and full reply. Ensure you did ctrl+f5 here or maybe empty browser cache?

post-2-0-37169700-1371462684.png

Works fine for me in fast reply and full reply. Ensure you did ctrl+f5 here or maybe empty browser cache?

attachicon.gifSNAG-0010.png

Same for me, working fine :)

I get the same as zhiVago

but i am using a very dated version of chrome as i am at work

so not sure if its just that

Screenshot for you

post-229387-0-55814100-1371464754.jpg

I get the same as zhiVago

but i am using a very dated version of chrome as i am at work

so not sure if its just that

Screenshot for you

attachicon.gifquote.JPG

post-279758-0-91427700-1371465998.jpg

This is what it looks like for me :)

The bug is present. It's an issue with 3.4.5

I have it on my board and it appears to only be present in Chrome (and I've only managed to replicate it on Dev and Beta channels), although I wouldn't be surprised if it was present in other browsers.

If anyone finds an answer, let me know.. I need to fix it too >.<

My forums:

QuickReplyStyle_zpsf67b262c.jpg

EDIT::
What I find really interesting is that I have this bug on my forums, but on Neowin the quotes show up properly..

VERY ODD >.<

Edited by articuno1au

I have it on my board and it appears to only be present in Chrome (and I've only managed to replicate it on Dev and Beta channels), although I wouldn't be surprised if it was present in other browsers.

My forums:

QuickReplyStyle_zpsf67b262c.jpg

What I find really interesting is that I have this bug on my forums, but on Neowin the quotes show up properly..

VERY ODD >.<

May need to check your style sheet. For a reference (on your own forum) switch to the IP.Board theme to see if it works, it's what we do before we go messing in templates and CSS.

Also Dev browsers are definitely not supported, so if the site renders funny using it, that's your problem, not ours ;) 

Present on the default skin too. I've been hunting this sucker since I pushed the upgrade to 3.4.5. I ran the upgrade right after it released >.<

I think you might find I was trying to provide extra info for you rather than suggesting that it was your problem ;)

Also, the fact that it's present for other users on your system, which is running a different skin to my forum does rather mean it's an IPB issue.

Either way, IPB's problem not ours.

I see the issue;

quote.png

Yep, it's exactly how it shows on my end in Firefox v.21 even after having cleared the cache.

Fortunately, it's a non-issue in Chrome /heave a sigh of relief :)

Yep, it's exactly how it shows on my end in Firefox v.21 even after having cleared the cache.

Fortunately, it's a non-issue in Chrome /heave a sigh of relief :)

Well that's just ######ing irksome :\

It's working fine here on IE/Chrome Dev, but doesn't working with Chrome Dev on my forums, but IE works just fine D:

I've done full cache clears, rebuilt my server cache etc. Not sure if it's just a timeout on the JS load or something. That's all I can think of to make it work differently on different sites :|

I'll go trace through the JS after I've slept.

Well that's just ****ing irksome :\

It's working fine here on IE/Chrome Dev, but doesn't working with Chrome Dev on my forums, but IE works just fine D:

I've done full cache clears, rebuilt my server cache etc. Not sure if it's just a timeout on the JS load or something. That's all I can think of to make it work differently on different sites :|

I'll go trace through the JS after I've slept.

Let us know if you find anything, we've still got tons to do :p

And that's all, folks!

The issue has been reported. The administration is aware of it.

Now it's time for me to test-drive the new button :)

Marking this thread solved in 3,2,...

p.s. And ctrl+f5 is the best antidote to hang-ups. :D

Let us know if you find anything, we've still got tons to do :p

seems to be working now, for me it is at least

• Like 1

My forums:

[image]

VERY ODD >.<

I'm not sure why it doesn't work even if you've deleted your cache, because then it really should. But the problem that skiver posted is reported in this bug report: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/missing-cachebust-on-contentscss-in-ckeditor-js-r42465

It can be resolved for all users by changing 

contentsCss:f.basePath+'contents.css'

Into 

contentsCss:f.basePath+'contents.css?cb=1'

In the file public/js/3rd_party/ckeditor/ckeditor.js

You would then also want to update the template file, since you need to cachebust the inclusion of the js-file ckeditor.js aswell. You then find the Editor -> EditorLoadJs template bit. Find: 

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$this->settings['js_base_url']}js/3rd_party/ckeditor/ckeditor.js?nck={$this->settings['noCacheKey']}"></script>

Replace with 

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$this->settings['js_base_url']}js/3rd_party/ckeditor/ckeditor.js?nck={$this->settings['noCacheKey']}1"></script>

But it really should work to empty your browser cache. Or maybe the browser does something weird with the cache / forgets to remove it, when it's included by javascript.