Windows 8.1 problems with IE 11

I am unable to open my local stuff like sabnzbd, couchpotato and sickbeard that have addresses like 192.168.1.10:5000 etc. They all fail to open in IE11 but open fine in another browser on another PC. Anyone know of the setting to fix this?

I am unable to open my local stuff like sabnzbd, couchpotato and sickbeard that have addresses like 192.168.1.10:5000 etc. They all fail to open in IE11 but open fine in another browser on another PC. Anyone know of the setting to fix this?

Do you have Compatibility mode turned on?

I looked at compatibility mode and it is set to display intranet sites in compatibility view. The problem is it does not connect at all. I get a this page can't be displayed. I think it is looking for the site on the internet or something.

I had the same issue. Switched to chrome.

It worked for me if I type http in before the ip address

I wouldn't disable it unless you really are bothered by using http://localhost. Enhanced Protected mode offers a lot of security as well as making everything IE run in 64bit. Otherwise the content is actually run in 32bit mode.

This is for my HTPC. I don't browse the web on it. I don't understand why it would make it would cause that problem. Didn't IE 10 also have protection mode? 

IE 10 doesn't default to having Enhanced Protected Mode turned on. I believe the reason it was enabled to disable non DNS is so that malware couldn't redirect you to 127.0.0.1 easily. I know there was an official explanation somewhere..

If stupid IPB wasn't broken as hell, I'd post the link. Just google enhanced protected mode 127.0.0.1 and look for the link called Understanding Enhanced Protected Mode.