Dark website, opinions?

Question

11 answers to this question

I like the background, and the shading difference between the actual background and the content background. Not a fan of the yellow colour though personally. A darker yellow, or orange-ier yellow would be better suited IMHO.

I don't mind dark websites, and I quite like the background you've chosen. The yellow doesn't really do it for me though personally, it looks somewhat out of place. I always like red and black together, heh :p

Yellow looks fine on my end.  Only concern I have with it though is on a widescreen, it is a bit too much.  (I think it would be easier to view constrained in your content block).

Only other thing and I am presuming this is still in the design phase, but your copyright link is too dark and don't forget your mobile users.  ;)

Looking good so far, but the currently yellow, which looks like it has a hint of green in it, does not excite me.

I think #FFE312 would probably look better as it is still yellow, but more appealing (in my opinion). 

Looking good so far, but the currently yellow, which looks like it has a hint of green in it, does not excite me.

I think #FFE312 would probably look better as it is still yellow, but more appealing (in my opinion). 

Hmm can't make it more orange

Yellow looks fine on my end.  Only concern I have with it though is on a widescreen, it is a bit too much.  (I think it would be easier to view constrained in your content block).

Only other thing and I am presuming this is still in the design phase, but your copyright link is too dark and don't forget your mobile users.  ;)

Yeah copyright link is just quickly put into it haven't worked at the footer yet.

I think it looks good.

Change the background-color to grey as well. The background image took a while to load in so I got this.

Such a stupid mistake of me...

I'll add a grey color as background color, optmize the background image and also make it progesssive.

P.S.

Found a bug in forum software that makes me able to check my own post as solved.

I wouldn't call it a bug, it's perfectly possible to post an answer to your own question :)

I wouldn't call it a bug, it's perfectly possible to post an answer to your own question :)

Hmm it was in the beginning indeed but the mark solved button was removed later on for your own posts which is in my opinion a good thing, but the backend code didn't have a check yet included I suppose :p