Clicking "Desktop Version" takes you to the homepage

Ever since the big site update the "Request Desktop Site" in Chrome on mobile has been broken, doesn't take you to the desktop site. That's fine because I've been using the link on the bottom of the page. However recently when the site opens in mobile view on an article, if I tap the "desktop view" link at the bottom of the page it takes me out of the article and onto the Neowin homepage.

I can confirm the second issue, and I'll fix that. Switching between mobile and desktop in Chrome works for me. What devices are you guys using?

Edit: nm I can see it in your profile :-P

Been like that forever..

A quick fix is to click desktop, let it go to home page, press back, and reclick the link/navigation,

After that, I've found the site continues to work as normal

I can confirm the second issue, and I'll fix that. Switching between mobile and desktop in Chrome works for me. What devices are you guys using?

Edit: nm I can see it in your profile :-P

I forgot to specify. The "desktop view" button in Chrome works on the Neowin homepage. But not on the forums. Ever since the forum software update, ive owned a Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3 and LG Gpad that are all affected by these.

I forgot to specify. The "desktop view" button in Chrome works on the Neowin homepage. But not on the forums. Ever since the forum software update, ive owned a Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3 and LG Gpad that are all affected by these.

weird.. my s3, tab2, note 10.1 and z1 compact aren't affected (above method works even when in forums...)

Do you have the latest versions installed? (might be a silly question, granted)

weird.. my s3, tab2, note 10.1 and z1 compact aren't affected (above method works even when in forums...)

Do you have the latest versions installed? (might be a silly question, granted)

Yep, it's affected me on every version of android and mobile chrome since the big forum software update. However the 2nd bug where it kicks me out of the article if I use the link on the page is only recent.