[SOLVED] Kinect problem/ question

I had to power off my Xbox one last night in order to watch a 3D movie. Upon powering it back on, the kinect wasn't working. I tried doing the setup and it appeared to be cycling on and off as it was showing me on my couch and then nothing. I eventually got it past seeing me and doing the audio test and it failed I googled the problem and powered down, unplugged power and kinect, power One back on, go to Kinect, plug it in, then set up went fine. Right now I am on my htpc activity but the One is still on. As I look at the Kinect, it has the white X and 3 red lights that stay lit for a while, then go off, then come back on. Is this normal behavior? Also why did I lose Kinect functionality after powering off?

I've been googling this all morning and can't find an answer. Weird.

Ok it appears that the Kinect does this only when the one is not being used. I just switched to it and played the kinect sports rivals game and it strayed on.

That's a weird thing to have happen, as Kinect can't stay on its own without the X1 being on as well. It must have been some firmware glitch. Probably same hole my recent $50 pre-paid card code went to when MS where having "billing server issues". These weird things happen, we just need to keep our heads together until this glitching craze blows over :laugh:

Yeah that was a Full Metal Jacket reference. Anyway regarding your situation, i've seen that white X on Kinect before, i think it just indicates boot up. Otherwise all you see from Kinect when it's on are the three HAL 9000 lights, which they cleverly do not depict in advertising.

I leave the One on all the time, I was just on my watch XBMC activity so I wasn't using the One. I noticed that the kinect appeared to be turning on and off. When I went and actually used it and played a game it stayed on, the white X and the 3 red lights

It's not supposed to show that white X though, from what i know

Really? I thought it glowed just like the One's corresponding light glows...

You mean the Xbox logo hahahaha? Come on dude, you need to be more specific? I thought you meant that literal X thing on the right of Kinect (when facing it), it does show that when there is an error. Normally only the three red lights in the middle and the Xbox logo stay on.

Yes, the little white Xbox logo just like on the One. When I am doing something on the One or playing a game, that white Xbox logo stays lit as do the 3 red lights. Sorry if I confused you. :-0

• Like 1

No problem dude, yeah for sure the logo is meant to be on when you're using the console. Otherwise instant mode (the default off state) only has the white light on the power adapter, and if you turn the console off (not instant on mode), then you get the orange/yellow light on the power adapter.