Wife's Computer NIC goes to sleep with Hibernate bug?

Hey guys! My wife's computer hibernates and when you wake it, the NIC stays asleep for about 20-25 seconds. I have searched online and have found similar issues and fixes. I have implemented the fixes to no avail. I have changed/disabled all the settings in the driver that pertain to sleep. I have unchecked the box on the power management tab that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Anything in the registry to hack? Any help/advice will be appreciated! Thanks!  :pinch:  :s

specs=

Computer:      Acer Aspire X1420G
CPU:           AMD Athlon II X4 645 (Propus, BL-C3 (Bloodhound))
               3100 MHz (15.50x200.0) @ 3114 MHz (15.50x200.9)
Motherboard:   Acer Aspire X1420G
Chipset:       nVidia nForce 6100-430
Memory:        4096 MBytes @ 669 MHz, 9.0-9-9-24
               - 2048 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - Unifosa GU512303EP0202
               - 2048 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - Unifosa GU512303EP0202
Graphics:      NVIDIA nForce 6150SE (6100-430) Video Adapter [ACER]
               NVIDIA nForce 6150SE (6100-430), 256 MB SDRAM
Drive:         WDC WD10EADX-22TDHB0, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 3Gb/s
Drive:         HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH60N, DVD+R DL
Sound:         NVIDIA MCP61 - High Definition Audio Controller
Network:       NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Could be wrong, but don't think anything you do will help. Hibernate turns the device off but saves the state, power management settings won't do anything. If it's staying off for 20-25 seconds, that just sounds like a badly designed piece of hardware.

IF you have disabled all of the sleep settings under power management, device manager and control panel then what n_K said is correct. Sounds like the network controller is just getting power late. Its also an OEM machine and OEM's cut corners in every way possible.

In this case I assume that they assume that by the time your up and logged in and what not, youll have network.

Two things come to mind here.....First you can change the power state of the NIC itself to not turn off by unchecking the first box in power management. Next would to update the NIC driver, if there is an update for it. 

In more concrete terms, do you mean it is slow to reconnect and show networks? I'd check for and remove any 3rd party network related software or drivers that you've installed (check device manager also), and try reinstalling the device driver.

OP, once you've tried the above, you might want to have a look round in the BIOS settings for the PC, there could be a power-saving related option that affects the NIC. No idea if that would cause what you're describing but worth a try.

Thanks to all who responded! I have tried all the above suggestions to no avail. I think that n_K & Sikh are correct. If I come up with something, I'll let you know. Thanks again for all the replies.

Can you try it with say linux? Do you have same issue - if so then yeah points to hardware problem. If you don't see the same issue then points to driver/setting/something wrong in your current windows based OS.