Can I activate multiple Office 365 homepremium subscription codes at once?

Question

A store nearby is discounting all the software, including Office 365 1year subscription boxes, so I was thinking about buying a few boxes to be set for the next years because I hate both paying the full online price set by Microsoft (twice as much!) and having to go buying the box to reactivate it every damn year (the store actually isn't quite exactly "nearby"). Can anybody confirm whether or not I can activate more than one year subscription at once on my account and make my lifelong dream of saving a few miserable cents every month come true? :o

10 answers to this question

I can assure you that redeeming more keys will just extend your time.

Here's the process:

• Go to Office.com/setup and enter your key.
  • You'll be prompted to sign in -- sign into the same Microsoft account that already has the Office subscription on it.
  • You'll be asked to confirm your country/language. As this is a time extension (and not a new subscription), you won't be able to modify your country.
  • Finally, you'll be taken to your account page (Office.com/MyAccount). On this page, under the heading of "RENEWAL INFORMATION", you'll see your new expiry date, which will have been extended by one year.

Sorry, I meant I wanted to buy several 1year subscription boxes and activate them all at once to be covered for a few years and finally forgetting about renewing.

Oh.. Not sure about that ... I have not tried that way.

It will auto renew as well so no need to worry about forgetting. They annoy you about it too when it's coming up as well. Lol

No just activate one at a time

However the Office 365 website takes new product keys even just after activating one, how does that work?

It will auto renew as well so no need to worry about forgetting. They annoy you about it too when it's coming up as well. Lol

But if you let them bill you directly you can pay even twice as much because the online price is much, much higher.

Yes, you can redeem multiple product key on the same account. Doing so will extend your subscription by an extra year. E.g. If you redeem three Office 365 Home product keys, you'll have three years of subscription time 'stacked' on your account, and you can forget about having to renew for the next three years.

To put it another way, redeeming more keys gives you more time, not more seats/licenses.

Additional keys are additional seats

Yes, you can redeem multiple product key on the same account. Doing so will extend your subscription by an extra year. E.g. If you redeem three Office 365 Home product keys, you'll have three years of subscription time 'stacked' on your account, and you can forget about having to renew for the next three years.

To put it another way, redeeming more keys gives you more time, not more seats/licenses.

Which is it?

At this point I'd just ask MS. Me personally I had two keys from expertzone one free and one paid with points and I just waited till my first year was over...