what is the best way to program games for iphone on windows ?

Question

9 answers to this question

I don't know if there is way to do it on Windows .... Best bet is either hackintosh or get a mac.

I have found number of tools but want to know which will be a legal , most are very simple and can be used for very simple apps but not games

I have a MAC but trying to do on my windows 8

I have found number of tools but want to know which will be a legal , most are very simple and can be used for very simple apps but not games

I have a MAC but trying to do on my windows 8

If you have a Mac, wanting to code for iOS on Windows is irrational and illogical. Native development of iOS, especially if you want to keep up to date with latest SDK releases. A hackintosh or VMWare OS X installs also work well for this.

iOS8 will have support for WebGL, so this is another route you can take. But native is preferred.

Thanks all

so i will only need to subscribe when i send an app for testing before the application is released for download

is that right ?

and for testing the applications before , the development softwares have their simulator

so i think i will be able to do it on my windows 8 with the testing , right ?

Thanks all

so i will only need to subscribe when i send an app for testing before the application is released for download

is that right ?

and for testing the applications before , the development softwares have their simulator

so i think i will be able to do it on my windows 8 with the testing , right ?

With Unity and Xamarin it's basically "write once, run anywhere." The runtime modules are specific to platforms so your code *should* function identically on any device.

With Unity and Xamarin it's basically "write once, run anywhere." The runtime modules are specific to platforms so your code *should* function identically on any device.

You can get away with write once run everywhere if you build your own UI from scratch (e.g. in games). However, if you want to use the target platforms' native UI, you'll need to write different UI code for each of the target platforms.

Edit: I've just remembered that Xamarin now has Xamarin.Forms. That allows you to build UI targeting Android, iOS and Windows phone from a shared codebase. So you might actually be able to get away with write once, run everywhere if your UI is simple.