Cannot revert overclock!

Hi all, I'm new to overclocking so this could be a newbie question and a simple answer.

I recently overclocked my i5 4690k to 4.6ghz and decided to take it back to stock, but when I restored defaults in bios, even though bios shows it's at 3.5ghz again when I load CPU-Z it's showing it's at 3.9ghz and keeps on changing randomly as I watch

Here's the screenshot:

kKAzoOI.jpg

Anyone know what I've done wrong?

Board is MSI Z97 GAMING 7 and OC Genie is turned off!

Thanks 

Thanks, went to BIOS and Turbo Boost was Enabled by default!

Disabled and now it's fixed :)

Cheers!

Was it stuck on 3.9 all the time? Because if not, then there was nothing to "fix". Turbo is a normal CPU feature; why disable it and through away free performance?! No harm comes from it.

Thanks, went to BIOS and Turbo Boost was Enabled by default!

Disabled and now it's fixed :)

Cheers!

Turbo Boost is a good thing. It only boosts a single core if there's a single-threaded application running that needs a lot of power, for example. It won't increase temperatures much yet provides a nice CPU boost. Leave it enabled!

Was it stuck on 3.9 all the time? Because if not, then there was nothing to "fix". Turbo is a normal CPU feature; why disable it and through away free performance?! No harm comes from it.

Turbo Boost is a good thing. It only boosts a single core if there's a single-threaded application running that needs a lot of power, for example. It won't increase temperatures much yet provides a nice CPU boost. Leave it enabled!

Why would you disable Turbo Boost? You must have your power profile at Performance, that will cause the cores to not clock down.

Thanks all for replies, I know it's not a fix, didn't mean it like that. 

I had it up to 4.6ghz before and all I wanted to do is return to 3.5ghz to see how games run at the stock speed and then decide whether to clock it or not.

I'm sure i'll at least turn on Turbo Boost again.