OneDrive upload error

Question

I opened a Word document which is located in my documents folder on OneDrive. I made changes to the document, but am getting an error message when I save the document. I can sign into OneDrive, so I am not understanding exactly why the document I am working on won't save to OneDrive.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/317drzmo7u6z6v9/word%20error.jpg

5 answers to this question

I would trust the error message over a status screen. For all we know the status of OneDrive could be determined by the system saying, "is the primary database online? No? How about the secondary database? Oh, that is? Then there isn't a problem, people can still access their files and save them locally."

How long has this error been happening for you? If it's a persistent error (i.e. spanning hours or days) then ok, there may be a problem. Otherwise I would just save the file locally and OneDrive will upload it when the primary database is back online.

It looks like it's written in the error message: the database is temporarily offline. I would assume that means that for the moment you can read your documents, just not edit them as the database can't be modified right now.

Save the file somewhere else and try uploading it again later.

It turns out I should have just waited a few minutes, because I was able to upload to OneDrive not too long after my first post.

I've been seeing the same intermittent issue over the last 20 hours or so. Open up a synced file, get an alert icon that says there's something wrong with signing in. Not sure what's causing it, but seems to be on the cloud end.