Can't get validation email to send to outlook.com address

I'm trying to change the email I have registered with neowin from my gmail address to my outlook.com address. Once I update the address, it tells me it sent a validation email but I never receive it. Checked the spam folder, not showing up there. If I put any other address in such as my gmail address I receive the email.

I'm trying to change the email I have registered with neowin from my gmail address to my outlook.com address. Once I update the address, it tells me it sent a validation email but I never receive it. Checked the spam folder, not showing up there. If I put any other address in such as my gmail address I receive the email.

Try to create an alias with an @live.com and try again.

When I go to create a new alias, outlook.com is the only domain offered. I tried creating another outlook.com alias, but that didn't help, can't get confirmation email from neowin with that alias either....

fixed it...was outlook.com being dumb. even though nothing was showing in the spam folder, it was apparently being caught as spam because as soon as I added neowin as a safe sender it worked instantly.

I had the same issue with some other forums recently where other domains worked fine but @hotmail and @outlook wouldn't.  Very odd.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same issue. Thanks to a google search I found this thread and was able to sign up.

Hi,

First of all welcome to Neowin, the best place for technology. Period.

Second, N54L is one of the best microservers HP has ever released (i know, i have one @ home). So, because of that, you are double welcome! :)