Best free wifi app Android

Recently got a Samsung 4 tablet and know very little about them. I know enough about the tablet itself to use it pretty decently and was searching around for the best free wifi app.

Thought I'd post this here real quick and come back in about 5-6 hours (after wife goes to bed) to see what we get!

Thank you

Recently got a Samsung 4 tablet and know very little about them. I know enough about the tablet itself to use it pretty decently and was searching around for the best free wifi app.

Thought I'd post this here real quick and come back in about 5-6 hours (after wife goes to bed) to see what we get!

Thank you

What are you looking for in an app?

WiFi Analyzer is a great app and I use it a lot...specially at work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

Nothing really radical. Just something that picks up free wifi/hotspots. Wifi analyzer is one that has come up in my searches several times.

As I said, just learning these apps things! :)

Nothing really radical. Just something that picks up free wifi/hotspots. Wifi analyzer is one that has come up in my searches several times.

Unless I'm wrong, your tablet will pick up free wifi automatically and tell you that you're within range. All my phones have done so since I can remember.

Wifi analyser is more for...well, analysing the wifi that you are connected to (as well as the surrounding wifi strengths, etc.)

As I said, just learning these apps things! :)

Think WiFi Analyzer is one of the best you will get.  Been using it since my MyTouch 3g.  So for several years.

Unless I'm wrong, your tablet will pick up free wifi automatically and tell you that you're within range. All my phones have done so since I can remember.

Wifi analyser is more for...well, analysing the wifi that you are connected to (as well as the surrounding wifi strengths, etc.)

Default tablet/phone will pick up APs.  I like WiFi anyalyser since you can tell signal strength and make sure it is a good connection.

Not all,  some places will ask you to click the button to accept or join the wifi...   

Some places show ads in your face before joining the wifi.

You know, I was thinking that when reading about some of those apps and was kind of wondering what the heck.

Thought the tablet should act like any old laptop! :s

Thank you

Guess I should just ask if any of those analyzers are really necessary then?

Wife is home. Be back in a few hours.

What are you looking for in an app?

WiFi Analyzer is a great app and I use it a lot...specially at work.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

WiFi Analyzer rocks. I've been using it for over a year.