Surface RT Keyboard and Home button Locked

I have seperate users on my Surface RT tablets for each classroom.

My 2nd period found out how to lock the keyboard and the home button, and once one did, it synced to all the others.

So, now, when you type or press the home button, it makes this chirpy clicky sound.

Not sure how to unlock or fix this.

Ideas short of refreshing?

did they uninstall the driver for the touch cover from device manager? Also check the devices section in Control Panel? I don't know how they could have done that except uninstall or disable something. Have you tried asking them?

Perhaps a silly question as I've only used a surface a couple of times, but if you remove the physical keyboard, can you use the on-screen keyboard? The screen is obviously responding to touch, even if the keyboard isn't.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just found that you posted this earlier and the first person to reply asked the same question. :laugh:

It's always good to know which questions have already been asked. ;)

Looks like you solved the problem?

Yeah... I had  "filter keys" selected in the control panel under ease of access -typing. clear.png fixed now. Putting it here for future problems. Thanks guys!

That's weird, I can't mark it solved under my own post. As though I couldn't figure it out myself. So, NICK, i'll give you the credit.