Internet Explorer 11 64-bit

I understand...   I believe that IE 11 64-bit is better than 32-bit, because it does help more over 1gb. the 32-bit does support up to 1gb only when I use Facebook, then it eat up to 1gb then it crashed, because of too many ads, video or something more.

I understand...   I believe that IE 11 64-bit is better than 32-bit, because it does help more over 1gb. the 32-bit does support up to 1gb only when I use Facebook, then it eat up to 1gb then it crashed, because of too many ads, video or something more.

then you need the FB Purity script Greasemonkey.  It will clean the ads out and the unwanted boxes such as suggestions box, etc.

Adblock Plus won't launch/install IE11 64-bit. If you already have Internet Explorer 11 installed, you need to change two settings to enable 64-bit processes for Internet Explorer. Keep in mind that enabling Enhanced Protected Mode is required to use 64-bit IE11 processes and it *can* and *probably will* lead to issues, especially in regards to plugins so consider yourself warned when running IE11 64-bit. Also, IMO, Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer is pretty horrid - you're better off using the EasyList Tracking Protection List (TPL).

Go to Internet Options, then click the Advanced tab. From there scroll down to the security section and check the box that says "Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protected Mode". Then check the box below it "Enable Enhanced Protected Mode". Finally, exit IE11 completely and reopen it.

I believe that IE 11 64-bit is better than 32-bit, because it does help more over 1gb. the 32-bit does support up to 1gb only when I use Facebook, then it eat up to 1gb then it crashed, because of too many ads, video or something more.

FYI, there's no real benefit to use the 64-bit Internet Explorer 11 processes even if you're using a 64-bit OS. Even if you're experiencing performance issues with 32-bit IE11, you'll probably experience them with 64-bit IE11. In which case your best bet is to use an alternative browser like Google Chrome or Firefox.

There isn't Greasemonkey for IE. :p Sure, there's things like IEPro and Trixie but they don't work well at all and are heavily outdated now.

Yeah I know... he will need Firefox for that... He should move to FF as soon as he read those plugin's pages.   :)

IE sucks period..  :laugh:

IE sucks period..  :laugh:

Now now, there's no need for that. Internet Explorer 11 is a pretty decent browser that's pretty damn fast. However, there's a few issues in terms with performance, lack of features, lack of extensions, etc. I'm thinking Internet Explorer 12 will be the best version of IE ever.

• Like 1

Now now, there's no need for that. Internet Explorer 11 is a pretty decent browser that's pretty damn fast. However, there's a few issues in terms with performance, lack of features, lack of extensions, etc. I'm thinking Internet Explorer 12 will be the best version of IE ever.

Yeah I heard about that.. I will see how it goes as soon as I get my hands on IE 12..... If not happy with it, then I go back to FF..  :)

A word of advice, if you're going to try a new browser, try Chrome first. Chrome, like IE, has some form of a sandbox and I strongly recommend using a sandboxed browser in this age of malware.

Last time I checked, Firefox does not have a sandbox. Unless you're going to get a third party sandbox application (like Sandboxie), I would not recommend using it for anything adventurous. 

My "secure" browser is Chrome, running FlashControl and Ghostery, all running inside SandboxIE with the lowest possible permissions. (Secure is relative, better than nothing, not as good as an isolated VM)

• 1 month later...

Never mind about chrome or Firefox for me, because I found out it is unwanted stuff inside of my computer, so I uninstalled some of them from my computer, then Windows Defender caught some bad stuff, then I had to restart the computer...   I noticed that Facebook is so smoothly to run, and faster now. I am very happy with this. Thanks for your help, everyone. :)

If you're only using Windows Defender as your anti-virus, I'd recommend either installing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware alongside it or use a free anti-virus program like 360 Total Security.