Dell NVIDIA GeForce 845M 2GB

Dell are using this card in all there new Inspiron 17 7000 models, I cant find any mention of it on NVidia's site and dells page has only a driver for the integrated Intel video.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/ie/en/iedhs1/product-support/servicetag/8XF2832/diagnose

The standard 840M install from NVidia is also not finding compatible hardware, Ive tried http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/ which successfully installs but its very unstable.

It shows up as 3D Video Controller PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1344&SUBSYS_06921028&REV_A2 in the device manager.

Is anyone else using this card and found a working driver, Naturally I did a diskpart clean as soon as it landed on the desk which is why I need the driver.

It gives the same install exception as before cannot find compatible graphics hardware.

I installed every single driver on the support page and have only 1 unknown device the graphics card.

cqNdXwS.png

The only driver I could get to install was the hacked inf one after disabling secure boot and enabling test signing mode.

Every other one sofar just gives the same incompatibility error, Even the bios is up to date.

I believe that laptop has nvidia optimus, what you might have done is turned off the discrete GPU.

Boot up windows, hit FN+F5 and then click Ok and restart. Then try reinstalling the nvidia driver and it should work.

Yeah that's it don't know why the hell its not on the dell site but at least the googles will have the answer now. Thanks.

FN+F5 just brought up the search charm. Thanks for the help guys dell were predictably unhelpful on the phone.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that laptop has nvidia optimus, what you might have done is turned off the discrete GPU.

Boot up windows, hit FN+F5 and then click Ok and restart. Then try reinstalling the nvidia driver and it should work.

This FN+F5 dosen't do anything for me :( also nothing else work. I just simple don't get why DELL has no driver on the site for this!!! I had an email conversation with the DELL technical team. They are SO STUPID... It is so unbelievable! They sent me links to download some nVidia installer, and of course it says: no compatible hardware found!  Second time they replied me as they could help and fix the computer with remote access! I just answered them NO! I need the right driver! 

Someone could help me out here guys? Why the FN+F5 doesn't work for me? Any suggestion? Also still not getting a new laptop is coming without a compatible driver??? How is that possible! DELL is not a small company... how they can let it happened! ??? Anyway if  I cannot fix it I need to send back the laptop to them! I have no time to do this! Thank you... thank you... 1000x