Which Wireless mouse for < $ 25? doubleclick should not die after 1 year

My max budget is around $25-30USD , Right now i have logitech M185, but just after 1 year, the battery died (replaced with new one) and its now suffering from debouncing doubleclick , moving windows /tabs takes ages , it doesnt select text properly. selecting anything is hell right now. Which mouse will not suffer this issue  ? i dont need fancy one, just a light small working mouse. 

--------------------

Try an RMA? Normally they have a 2-3 year warranty.

I had a similar problem. The right click was not working.

RMA'd it, they sent me a new one, no exchange.

The double click problem is typically a capacitor having an issue  However, there is one fix to discharge that capacitor and resolve the issue  Here's how to do this: Unplug the mouse and/or remove batteries Let it sit for a minute without a power source Click the button rapidly and for about 30 secs. Wait another 30 secs. then insert batteries or plug mouse back into USB  Now please verify the problem is resolved.

I don't get mice these days. Back in 90s, you could literally use a mouse for 10 years and it'd still work fine. Now-a-days, a mouse starts double click problem within a year or two...

I don't get mice these days. Back in 90s, you could literally use a mouse for 10 years and it'd still work fine. Now-a-days, a mouse starts double click problem within a year or two...

I got all these logitechs and no issues with that:

G502,G700,G500, M185,LX3,LX3,TrackMan marble,Trackman marble,Marble Mouse,

• Like 1

They aren't allowed to use lead and arsenic anymore.

They aren't allowed to use lead and arsenic anymore.

ROHS is the most braindead directive ever and made by shortsighted yuppies. More stuff will end up in landfills because of them. People need to listen to scientists instead of yuppie hippie moms.

• Like 1

Just had that problem with mine Logitech trackball 2.5 years old they replaced it with a new one. Mine had a 3yr warranty. Give it try nothing to lose.

ROHS is the most braindead directive ever and made by shortsighted yuppies. More stuff will end up in landfills because of them. People need to listen to scientists instead of yuppie hippie moms.

Not even a case of 'more will end up in landfills' - more has ended up in landfills, all that really needs mentioning is the xbox 360. Then we could go into tin whiskers. Or how about militaries/aviation/space which are allowed to completely bypass RoHS without any issue?

Not even a case of 'more will end up in landfills' - more has ended up in landfills, all that really needs mentioning is the xbox 360. Then we could go into tin whiskers. Or how about militaries/aviation/space which are allowed to completely bypass RoHS without any issue?

Right on about the wiskers I think it's the cause of my volvo S80 (2003)'s alarm going bad. had so much alarm malfunctions and lock malfunctions my fob doesn't work good, the one with teh buttons. the buttons dont work right with it and randomly I'll be sitting in a parking lot and the alarm would go off on its own@!!!... someone I visited had a smart lock and it interferred with my volvo's lock and it shouldn't have! ###### me off. every time the lock was engaged remotely it would screw with it. the alarm would go off too!!! Glad they sold the house and I don't gotta go there anymore. I want a smart lock but I hope it doesn't do that to me or Imma be ###### and raise hell!!! 

Generally speaking people spend more time using their computer than they did back in the 90s as well. In the 90s fewer people had computers (which reduced the sample size) and even then the world wasn't as heavily computer-driven as it is now.

That being said, every mouse I have owned has developed the double-click issue (where a single click actually clicks twice). I mostly use Razer mice now (I prefer the feel and aesthetic of them), but even the Logitech and Microsoft mice I've owned in the past start having the same issue after 1-2 years. Actually just finished the RMA process on my previous Razer mouse to get it replaced for this issue, should have the replacement next week.

Thanks everyone :) Thanks raze , going to order this + I am going to RMA request with Logitech. :) . Thanks for suggestions guys.

• Like 2

I have a mouse like that and it fell apart after a year.... still works but the scroll wheel's rubber stuff came off, the rubber around the mouse started peeling back, and the battery life is crap.