CPU fan speeds up during gameplay out of the blue

Normal use, non-game playing and everything is fine but within a few mins of playing, TF2/skyrim/ect then my cpu fans start speeding up and this is all out of the blue. No hardware changes or software change/updates. Even if I tab out of the game the fan speeds slow down. Not sure what could be the issue. Below is a screen shot of HWMonitor/CPU-Z/GPU-Z. Any help would be appreciated.

VXgK649.png

Sounds like it's fine, a lot of rigs adjust fan speed depending on how much is being demanded from components, (mine goes from near silent to a jet engine taking off, depending on the game or application) it's getting hotter, so more cooling is required.

Sounds like it's fine, a lot of rigs adjust fan speed depending on how much is being demanded from components, (mine goes from near silent to a jet engine taking off, depending on the game or application) it's getting hotter, so more cooling is required.

It just never acted like this, had the pc since 2012, which is why I started to get concerned. 

It just never acted like this, had the pc since 2012, which is why I started to get concerned.

Actually Decrypter has a point, dust can cause heating issues also, and come to think of it, I haven't cleaned my new rig since I built it, so I should do that too.

Clear any dust out if you're concerned, but the CPU fans spinning up under load is normal, it's what they're supposed to do.

This.

Dust builds up in heatsinks, causing fans to have to spin up higher in order to cool.

It looks like something is taxing your processor causing it to heat up, causing your cooling system to kick into high.  Perhaps you should be looking at updates that may have changed or new software installed. 

the CPU cores are in their 60's.... what would you expect? youre saying the fans would never speed up before even when the cores are 60C+??

This. So much.

the CPU cores are in their 60's.... what would you expect? youre saying the fans would never speed up before even when the cores are 60C+??

No it's never been an issue before.

Yeah clean the dust out of the heatsink/fan and also remove the heatsink/fan and reapply new thermal paste.

Going to reset the heatsink this weekend. 

Could be the drying of the heatsink thermal compounds on the CPU and GPU, I always replace my hs compound annually, it dries out being heated/cooled cycle for 2 years mate.

Also clean all your heatsinks of dust, any surface dust on components act like a dusty cosy blanket and will raise case ambient temps also.

Flow of air through the case is as important as the actual heatsinks, the lower the ambient air temperature in the case, the more effective your cooling is on heatsinked items (active & passive)

Also clean any dust sponge filters your fans have on the case, doesn't take that much to reduce airflow, allowing ambient temperatures to build up, affecting efficiency of your cooling, resulting in higher temps especially under load.

I think I got it solved. I took the heatsink down and took off the fans to give it a better cleaning. Even did all updates that I could just in case it was software related. Seems to be back to normal for the most part. Thanks for all the help.

I think I got it solved. I took the heatsink down and took off the fans to give it a better cleaning. Even did all updates that I could just in case it was software related. Seems to be back to normal for the most part. Thanks for all the help.

Your welcome mate, while your at it review your case cooling and free pathways for the intake fans etc