Windows 10 TP Build 9926 does not see 10041 build to do update?

I'm running the Windows 10 tp build 9926 and it has been working fine. I'm trying to update to the new 10041 build. I have the Windows update advanced setting: "Choose how preview builds are installed: set to "fast".  When I tell windows update to check for updates, it tells me my device is up to date.  I have already updated 2 other computers from 9926 to 10041 with no problem.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Yeah, I'm on the same boat, it seems to be a wide spread issue, I cannot see the update no matter if I'm trying to upgrade to it from either 9926 or 10036, hopefully MS fixes the issue soon or we will need to wait for the .iso when it hits the slow ring.

Try erasing the Windows Update files:

Go to here:

• C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

Delete all files.

Restart PC.

Try again.

This will clean the Windows Update cache.

Edit: Haven't tried this method yet. Had my Windows installation downloading without any problems.

I have been trying for 12 hours now... clicking the check for updates button every 30 minutes. Just says there are no updates available for me. I've rebooted about 15 times now, cleared the cache as above. I even reverted back to Windows 8.1 because I thought it would then upgrade directly to 10041, but it doesn't do that so I'm back on 9926.

Help!

I have been trying for 12 hours now... clicking the check for updates button every 30 minutes. Just says there are no updates available for me. I've rebooted about 15 times now, cleared the cache as above. I even reverted back to Windows 8.1 because I thought it would then upgrade directly to 10041, but it doesn't do that so I'm back on 9926.

Help!

Meh. Drags me that you haven't been able to fix your issue.

Have you tried changing your Time Zone, or Location settings to US?

Try running Windows Update in slow ring first, then change to fast and try again. This will force computer to update its status to Fast Ring for sure

I tried switching between slow and fast ring then checking, then rebooting, then checking etc, nothing works.

Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability in regedit

Make sure...

BranchName = fbl_impressive

ThresholdRiskLevel = high

ThresholdInternal does not exist
ThresholdOptedIn does not exist

Restart your computer, check to see if you are on fast, and then check for updates.

If that does not work, it is an issue from Microsoft.

https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/578384466051145728

Oddly enough, the 'update' option from within the settings app actually worked for me, for the very first time. Seems it managed to keep most of my settings, with very little needed input needed from me afterwards.

Windows update, however, no longer works, either from the app, or via the control panel.(yes, I put it back)

Notifications, on the other hand, now seems to work even with uac switched off via registry.

I tried switching between slow and fast ring then checking, then rebooting, then checking etc, nothing works.

1. Disconnect from the network

2. Set to Slow Ring

3. Reboot,

Note: At this point you should be getting a OS change telling you to wait

4) Reboot

5) Set to Fast Ring

6) Connect network back

7) Reboot

8) Check for new updates

Ran into this same issue on my ASUS transformer.  9926 update keeps failing when trying to install an Intel display driver so I kept thinking that was causing the 10041 build to not show.  I'll also try Night Prowlers suggestion this afternoon.

Is Windows 10 Build 10042 safe to install of should I stick with 9926?

Asking because 9926 for the most part is pretty stable for me will 10042 be as stable?

Same here, any resolution?

Ran into this same issue on my ASUS transformer.  9926 update keeps failing when trying to install an Intel display driver so I kept thinking that was causing the 10041 build to not show.  I'll also try Night Prowlers suggestion this afternoon.

I had the same issue with my graphics driver.  I solved it by going to Device Manager, and uninstalling the driver and then rebooting and letting it be reinstalled.

I have the same problem with a Dell notebook. I've rebooted it dozens of times now and nothing ever comes up for 10041. And yes, I've checked, I am in the Fast ring.

I have an Asus Tab (me400c) same issue, can't update to 10041. I also have the issue with the Intel video driver failing to install which is preventing other updates from working on 9926. I have removed the driver as suggested by bpa above and rebooted. The 10041 update is now recognized and downloading.

Had the same problem as everyone in this thread, just checked for updates and it found it and started downloading, seems like they fixed the issue.

1. Disconnect from the network

2. Set to Slow Ring

3. Reboot,

Note: At this point you should be getting a OS change telling you to wait

4) Reboot

5) Set to Fast Ring

6) Connect network back

7) Reboot

8) Check for new updates

Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability in regedit

Make sure...

BranchName = fbl_impressive

ThresholdRiskLevel = high

ThresholdInternal does not exist

ThresholdOptedIn does not exist

Restart your computer, check to see if you are on fast, and then check for updates.

If that does not work, it is an issue from Microsoft.

https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/578384466051145728

Thanks guys, tried both to no avail, it still finds no updates, I guess I'll wait for MS to fix it.

I fixed my issue, on my tablet I was still set to the slow ring. Once I set it to fast my update arrived.