Windows 10 10074 not detecting dual monitor setup (NVidia)

Did a clean install of 10074 with a GeForce 560 dual monitor setup and it won't detect the second one (HDMI port) DVI connected one works fine. If anyone knows a workaround for this would appreciate some help. I have the 352.xx Win10 beta drivers installed too.

Yeah I have those installed (did a clean install of them after Windows 10 auto detected ones were installed) I may do an uninstall and reinstall later but I also opted for 'Clean install' when installing 352.63 so can't see how it would help.

The only thing I can think of after checking the NVidia website is that 352.63 doesn't officially support such a old video card. It seemed to support Windows 8.1 but Windows 10 x64 isn't listed.

This originally happened to me when I installed Win 10 10074. 

I have a similiar setup (2 monitors, one connected via HDMI the other DVI via a GTX970)

All I did was update to the beta drivers http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/84233 

Worked fine after that.

That link is dead, just FYI.

I'm running a GTX 550 Ti.  I also had problems with running dual monitors, and eventually gave up.  I'm waiting on a driver update to hopefully fix things. However, I'm a little confused as to how you got the 352.63 drivers to work with your 560.  The notes on this page indicate that you need a 600 series or higher to run the 352.63 driver.  Plus, when I run the installer it aborts, telling me that no suitable hardware was found.

The other issue I have with all driver versions I've tried so far is that whenever i do a Restart, my monitor (HP LP3065 30inch) stays in sleep mode until i disconnect & reconnect the DVI cable.  If I do a full Shut Down -> Power On, it will wake up normally.  But every Restart leaves me having to unplug / replug.  Very annoying.

I'm running a GTX 550 Ti.  I also had problems with running dual monitors, and eventually gave up.  I'm waiting on a driver update to hopefully fix things. However, I'm a little confused as to how you got the 352.63 drivers to work with your 560.  The notes on this page indicate that you need a 600 series or higher to run the 352.63 driver.  Plus, when I run the installer it aborts, telling me that no suitable hardware was found.

The other issue I have with all driver versions I've tried so far is that whenever i do a Restart, my monitor (HP LP3065 30inch) stays in sleep mode until i disconnect & reconnect the DVI cable.  If I do a full Shut Down -> Power On, it will wake up normally.  But every Restart leaves me having to unplug / replug.  Very annoying.

oh bugger. It was just a link to the 352.63 drivers thats all. But it seems that you both having a non-supported card is the problem.

Had the same thing, but I did driver update and browse to folder and it upgraded :p (didn't help though).

Had the same thing, but I did driver update and browse to folder and it upgraded :p (didn't help though).

Yeah, when I try that, it just tells me I already have the best driver software installed.  I'm thinking we may be somewhat scrooged given the non-support for our 500 series cards.  IRKs me bigtime though, since I really have no need for a video card upgrade.

• 4 weeks later...

Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> Update Driver did the trick for me. (This was after an upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10 Preview; apparently the upgrade installed a plain-vanilla driver with limited capabilities.)

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue. I went to Device Manager -> Display Adapters then rolled back my Display Driver. After that, I updated the same driver and it worked.

I updated to Windows 10 and also have dual 30 inch monitors.  I cannot see either screen after multiple hard reboots.  I have a Geoforce GT630 grahics card and a  Sonicwave HDMI to DVI-D Video cable.  How can I update driver software when I can't see my screens.  I don't even know if Windows updated properly because I can't see anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Found this thread, got the beta driver, did a fresh install with it, the moment the driver installed my 3 ' 30inch (2x hp lp3065, 1x hp zr30w) screens all lighted up. Thanks, was stuck on 2 screens and had to keep repluggin in the other one to get it to work after login. 

edit, im on windows 10 10240. gtx680 (355 -> 352 beta - now works.)

I had a similar problem with my lenova T440 laptop with a recent update for Windows 10 (the dual monitor stopped working - no extra displays would detect when pressing the button and only '1' showed on the graphic), this is the first page which showed on google so i will add a solution in here.

right click desktop -> display settings -> on multiple displays click the 'duplicate on 1 and 2' go into advanced settings (at the bottom) and click 'extend desktop to 2', hit apply,

go back out and do the same process for monitor 3, go back into advanced settings and select 'extend desktop 3'.

this should get the dual extension back up and running and the graphic in display settings should now show 3 displays again (so you can set their relative positions)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

i spent almost 8 hours on and off yesterday struggling with a Windows 10 install because it would not recognize my external monitor. 

I have an HP Envy laptop, and my graphics cards are 1) NVIDIA GEForce GT 740M and 2) Intel HD graphics 4600. I had both of these devices showing with an "exclamation" warning in device manager when I installed Win 10, and my monitor (outside of my laptop screen) was totally black, and was giving the "not receiving signal" warning.

i downloaded both the GE force and Intel drivers and reinstalled them, plus downloaded the Special GEForce and Intel "driver detection" software. Nothing worked at all. Windows kept saying the drivers are up to date and the drivers I was downloading were labelled as Win 10. But they obviously didn't work. I even made an appt with an IT guy, when I realized I CAN GO BACK TO WINDOWS 8.1 AT THE CLICK OF A MOUSE!! Did you know that if you go to settings>> restore there is an option to restore your old version of Windows? I did this as soon as I learned about it, it downgraded back to the nice, functional win 8.1 I had before and as soon as I plugged in my monitor today, it lit up again and worked instantly! Obviously they did not test this OS properly if basic things like monitors don't work and you have to go through so much trouble with the drivers. Revert back to 8.1 or 7 and send a message to Microsoft they need to do some serious fixing on this product because from what I've seen its been shipped broken and untested!

... or you could of just waited for Windows update to download and install the latest nVidia drivers which would of fixed the problem and has been fixed now since Windows build 101xx 

Also just noticed alot of the posts since Steves are 1 post wonders... legit posts?

• Eric locked this topic